TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel (10/01/01)

Old 10-01-01, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel (10/01/01)

Spoilers

WOO!!! I really got into this episode. For the first time in a while, I was frightened for Cordy. It's such a tongue-in-cheek show that sometimes it's hard to get involved with the characters. But I got into this episode. And I really liked Skip I'm already tired of the Darla/baby thing.

das

One more day ........
Old 10-02-01, 01:19 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Spoilers!!!

I liked this one. About the only thing I can remember from the season opener is the shock ending. But I have a feeling the ramifications of this one will be remembered the whole season - that guy Angel saved, I think will be a big pain. Also Angel & co. beat up some good guys - will the powers that be take some action?

It didn't surprise me that they pointed another finger at Angel being the father (as I was thinking in the last thread), but yeah I agree they better move this subplot along faster than one minute per episode...

Wasn't that scene with Angel killing that guy really shocking? Couldn't help but notice that it was a 'middle-eastern' character.
Old 10-02-01, 03:38 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

2 things:

Amy Acker (Fred) is hot damn beautiful.

Probably wishful thinking but Skip needs to join the team. His 4 minutes owned!

--HN
Old 10-02-01, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Was it just me, or did Lilah look tasty with straight hair on Angel?

Thank goodness Fred has come out of her room, and venturing outside the hotel. Her speech pattern is just too cute for words.

I still can't believe that Julie Benz was the girl in "As Good As It Gets" that Jack Nicholson gets to explain how well he writes female characters ("I imagine a man, and take away reason and accountability")

Loved the way Angel dealt with Hannibal Lecter's other brain victim at the end. I'm slowly coming around the fact that Angel is a real bad-ass.
Old 10-02-01, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I really liked this episode too. I'm wondering if Angel won't feel some repercussions from killing those three good guys. Maybe releasing a bad guy is payback enough. What do you have to do to get set on fire for eternity? Ouch. I imagine we'll be seeing more of him. And Skip totally ruled. I hope we see him again.

Like it that Fred is returning to normal. I think she's cool. Sick of Lilah already. I hope Angel offs her. Gavin Park was okay. Didn't seem like much of a threat, though. I'm also hoping the "baby/Darla" thing isn't the main plot of the season. At least they mentioned it wasn't supposed to happen, but so far, it seems like a lame idea. But I have some faith. Maybe it will be something cool.

Oh, and only 9 1/2 hours until Buffy! WOO HOO!!!

X
Old 10-02-01, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

How much taller is Fred than Cordelia? It looks like Fred towers over her.
Old 10-02-01, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
How much taller is Fred than Cordelia? It looks like Fred towers over her.
its gotta be the shoes

this episode was great. i'm really starting to like the developing relationship between cordy and angel. i never really saw her visions ability as a way to stay in angel's life.

and i agree with you all. skip rocks. those 4 minutes of banter were hilarious. hopefully, we'll see him again.

and as an asian viewer, it's nice to see another asian actor on a tv cast although the angel cast is somewhat diverse already. but props to them.
Old 10-02-01, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, let me step up and say that the title of the thread should be enough to tell folks that we're talking about last nights Angel ep and if you don't want to see spoilers, stay out of the thread. Let's not get too PC here!

Okay, first the bad guy with the brain thing being middle eastern - the show was filmed back in JULY and does not relate to current events. They start shooting the week after the fourth in order to leave time for pre-production, production and post-production and be ready for the season.

The show rocked. I love the way they're bringing Fred out and it is definitely cute the way she talks. She also is keying in on the logical stuff. Looks like we'll have a scientist-type person to work with now. This could be a good thing.

Darla/Baby thing - I'm finding it interesting. We now know that Vamps don't normally get pregnant and this could be something that the PTB are doing. It will be interesting to see how Joss plays this out.

I loved the entire exchange between Angel and Skip, I love the fact that he commutes!!!! I hope they bring this character back again as well.

As for Angel beating up some good guys, you betcha there will be reprisals! The look the guy gave him just before he got in the car said a lot. I think Lilah's whole purpose for getting him back was so he can work against Angel.

All in all another good show. It will be interesting to see what Gavin Park does. Lilah gave him a nice set down. And the fact that the exterminators were there and we don't know the particulars. Gunn said show me a work order or clear out basically.

My big issue with this show - They know they have a really intense, pissed off bunch of lawyers who work with a lot of demon and bad characters. They are continually harassing you and you never know when someone will show up on your door step. Don't you think they would put some sort of magical protectoin in place to prevent people from just walsing through the front door? Make it more difficult for people to wander in? etc.?

das - recognize gavin parks from another show????
Old 10-02-01, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by elektra
Okay, let me step up and say that the title of the thread should be enough to tell folks that we're talking about last nights Angel ep and if you don't want to see spoilers, stay out of the thread. Let's not get too PC here!
Considering my rant in another thread, I'm trying to be overly careful But, I agree ... putting the date in the title (or ep #) of an episode that's already aired is enough warning to stay away if you taped/TiVo'd it.

das - recognize gavin parks from another show????
Sorry ... he didn't look familiar to me. I do like his character, though. Looks like Wolfram and Hart may be beginning another crusade against Angel and Co.

das
Old 10-02-01, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Gavin Park (Daniel Dae Kim) was on Crusade, the ill-fated B5 spin-off last season.

Last edited by Patman; 10-02-01 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-02-01, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Patman - you got it baby!

Das - you kind of gave yourself a clue in your answer. He was Lt. Matheson, the first officer and telepath. Good actor and a cutie to boot! Too bad he's a badie on this show.
Old 10-02-01, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Patman - you got it baby!

Das - you kind of gave yourself a clue in your answer. He was Lt. Matheson, the first officer and telepath. Good actor and a cutie to boot! Too bad he's a badie on this show.
I guess I'm not so clever as I'd like to believe. The clue was for you, not for me Guess I should have winked back

das
Old 10-02-01, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nah! You're pretty clever!
Old 10-02-01, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Seriously though, keep an eye out, and you'll see Daniel Dae Lewis, er, Kim in a lot of shows. I've seen him as the classic "testifying cop" or "testifying medical examiner" in a couple of courtroom shows. His demeanor fits very well for those roles.

das
Old 10-02-01, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well, I was happy too, a big improvement over the premiere... I'm not too big on Cordy, but I swear, her raspy voice acting was so good it had my poor little heart get all mushy. The fight choregraphy seemed to be getting a little better (one of my big complaints about the premiere), but the Skip/Angel fight was breif and there was some laughably "obvious stuntman" work going on in the herbal shop with the old Chinese couple...Yay!, mysterious bad guy! That dude looked like one bad mother...As far as the baby junk...uhg, I dont know. I'll just wait to see what they do, with Angel its either really cool or really bad, so we'll see.

My big issue with this show - They know they have a really intense, pissed off bunch of lawyers who work with a lot of demon and bad characters. They are continually harassing you and you never know when someone will show up on your door step. Don't you think they would put some sort of magical protectoin in place to prevent people from just walsing through the front door? Make it more difficult for people to wander in? etc.?
Well, I think thats the wonder of the Buffy universe, everything kind of has a balance...Good never quite wins, bad never quite wins, and you can always find a way around something...even say...I dont know...a major characters Death?...chuckle, chuckle, cant wait for tonight.

Last edited by Slumbering Fist; 10-02-01 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-02-01, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Slumbering Fist - good point, but to at least get a sense of this would be nice.

"Man, such and such just blew past our mystical circle of protection."

Just would be nice.
Old 10-02-01, 02:36 PM
MrN

Of course mystical protections do nothing for human fumigators.
Old 10-02-01, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh, but they could. It depends on which mystical hoozits you use. Also, they could try locking the door once in a while.
Old 10-02-01, 02:47 PM
MrN

Oh, but they could. It depends on which mystical hoozits you use. Also, they could try locking the door once in a while.

You might have something there - my keys magically vanish every now and then. Later they reappear in places I have already searched....
Old 10-02-01, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really hate it when that happens. I usually blame the cats though.....
Old 10-02-01, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...
When it came to the Darla scene, "Holy Bad Acting Batman!", did she deliver her lines flatly or what? Maybe we can blame the pregnancy for it.
Old 10-02-01, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved last night's episode! I don't really see the appeal in the way Fred speaks, however. I'm afraid I find it distracting and a bit annoying. I DO however like the baby storyline - I find it intriguing...I'm very curious to find out how the baby came to be, and I'm glad they let us know whose baby it is (though it was pretty obvious from the visuals they kept repeating). And I too loved Skip - hope he's a "regular" from now on!

As to reprisals for Angel's acts - I think the PTB will "forgive" him for the first couple of attacks, as there was no way to know Cordy's visions were fake, so they thought they were doing the right thing. However, when they found out the messages were in fact demonic and still went along...now that Angel will have to answer for. The new bad guy is an interesting angle, as is the fact that now Angel has fought on the wrong side while he was "good."

And the fight choreography/cinematography was much improved over the first episode, thankfully.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - looks to be a GREAT tv season!
Old 10-04-01, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone know if Elisabeth Rohm (Det. Kate Lockley) is ever coming back to reprise her role? True, her character arc tied up pretty nicely, and Law & Order will probably take up most of her time, but it would be great to see her back - she's one of my favorite characters
Old 10-04-01, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If they can find a way to bring her back and her other job permits, I would say yes. I liked her character as well and she added something to the show.
Old 10-05-01, 12:03 PM

Elisabeth Rohm

Is apparently willing and eager to return to Angel, according to this article, but it looks like it ain't happening soon.

Lisel

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.