Reload this Page >

Inside Schwartz......

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Inside Schwartz......

Old 09-30-01, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Inside Schwartz......

I didn't see a thread on this show, so I thought I'd start one. I finally got around to seeing this on my Tivo today and I laughed my ass off. I loved all the cameos from Dick Butkis, Bill Walton and Mills Lane. Good, good show. Plus, it's got Larry from Three's Company!
Old 09-30-01, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved the show - my favorite new show this season thus far.
Old 09-30-01, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah, i posted a topic about this last night, but i accidentally posted it in the movie forum and noone ever moved it over here, this show is pretty good and the characters are likeable, one of the best sitcoms i've seen and definitely has legs to stay around for a few seasons
Old 09-30-01, 10:48 PM

Hmm...I thought it was stupid...more or less a low-rent "Herman's Head." Of course, the show will have great ratings since it follows "Friends." After a couple seasons NBC will move it to another time-slot, and it'll tank.
Old 09-30-01, 11:01 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by Groucho
Hmm...I thought it was stupid...more or less a low-rent "Herman's Head." Of course, the show will have great ratings since it follows "Friends." After a couple seasons NBC will move it to another time-slot, and it'll tank.
Don't be TOO sure about that. I didn't bother watching it, and will not bother watching it, but I remember thinking that Alley Macbeal (sp?) was another "Herman's Head" that wouldn't last a full season...
Old 10-01-01, 12:33 AM

I heard that after Friends, viewership for Inside Schwartz dropped by 9 million viewers. That seems like a pretty huge dropoff. Do we have another Veronica's Closet here?

(btw, I was one of those 9 million people who changed the channel. I watched it for about 3 minutes, and the gimmick got old REAL fast.)
Old 10-01-01, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

of course it dropped off by 9 million, the debut of friends drawed a astronomical number, it got like a 20+ rating, thats like saying the debut of survivor 3 was a bomb because it came after the super bowl and viewership dropped off by like 20 points
Old 10-01-01, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought we already talked about this, but maybe it was in another thread. Anyway, I laughed at parts. It was funny enough, but the gimick was what made me laugh, not the situations. The gimick will definitely wear thin after a few episodes, and it won't be funny to see Dick Butkis and Mills Lane every week. They'll need to find sources of comedy outside the pop-up sports celebrities if they want to keep viewership.

das
Old 10-01-01, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This show is just "there", it's like a cross between "Herman's Head", and a touch of "Ali$$" due to its sports star cameos.

At least in Herman's Head, the viewer is transported inside his head, here, the actors have to pretend that the sports stars aren't even in the room while they plead their case to Schwartz. I just think it'd make a better SNL skit than actual show.
Old 10-01-01, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Bobubott
I heard that after Friends, viewership for Inside Schwartz dropped by 9 million viewers. That seems like a pretty huge dropoff. Do we have another Veronica's Closet here?

Friends is basically the same quality nowadays. So very very tired...
Old 10-01-01, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Let's just get one thing straight here....

There IS only one, and one only, "Herman's Head."
Old 10-01-01, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

it was good, but it seemed like they just wrote a third of the show and showed it three times. it seemed more like a one time episode then anything else. but it was funny. lets just see if they can come up with new stuff to last throughout the season.
Old 10-01-01, 08:30 PM

I thought that the first ep was pretty good...but before we start to be critical of it...unless you've seen future episodes... wait and see before we start to bag the show.
Old 10-06-01, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ok after the second show. it seems to still be pretty decent although i dont know if there is enough material to last long but we will see. one thing they absolutely need to get rid of is his dad saying "sorry I didn't know you were entertaining a lady friend" that got old after the second time on the first episode. i hope it they will take it out next week.
Old 10-06-01, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Apparently, Bo knows sarcasm.

Loved that line! The show's still good, and I'll keep watching. You're right about the "I'm sorry.." line, it does have to go.