TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Thieves Premiere

Old 09-28-01, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thieves Premiere

Obviously, there are *SPOILERS* for tonight's episode of Thieves.

Another show I expected to suck and was surprised with. It's fun, witty, and most importantly, it does not take itself seriously ... at all. Perfect for a Friday night. Plus Tone Loc ... how can you beat that?

I've never been a big Stamos fan, but he works for this show. And Melissa George is a strong choice. It's good to see a woman action star on TV that can actually sell the action sequences, and when she runs down the street, she doesn't run like a six year-old girl in gym class.

If I'm going to stay at home on a Friday night, this is what I want to see. Silly action, fun characters, witty banter, and a little sexual tension. This is certainly nothing more than guilty pleasure TV, but the characters are likeable enough, that I can enjoy watching this if I'm home on a Friday night.

das
Old 09-28-01, 10:53 PM

I agree, this show was fun. I did however cringe there at the end at the show's final slug fest when she hugs Stamos after smacking the baddies down - that didnt keep in with her character. Will be curious on how well this series will do.
Old 09-28-01, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it will probably be cancelled after this season, but i liked it, it would be alot cooler on premium cable where it wouldn't be under the constraints of network tv
Old 09-29-01, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Blaster1
it will probably be cancelled after this season, but i liked it, it would be alot cooler on premium cable where it wouldn't be under the constraints of network tv
I can so see this happening. It's too bad the network execs (or apparently the network audience) are all prudes, who wouldn't know a good show if it smacked them in the face. Before, I could never see John Stamos as anything but Uncle Jesse from Full House, but this show certainly did change his image for me. The robbery was pretty cool, and having 2 good-looking chicks never hurts.