Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

I'm Lovin Love Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-01, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm Lovin Love Cruise

Who do you think is going to win? This one is just going to get better and better and dirtier and dirtier. HAHA Can't wait. I think the next episode is Monday.
Old 09-27-01, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I do like the show, but isn't it funny/ironic the first two that actually started to become a "couple" are the first four to get kicked out.

The first set excluded themselves and thus got tossed.
The second set "betrayed" her bunkmate or whatever so he rallied the guys to get rid of her then Adrian booted her buddy.
Old 09-27-01, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by briank
I do like the show, but isn't it funny/ironic the first two that actually started to become a "couple" are the first four to get kicked out.

The first set excluded themselves and thus got tossed.
The second set "betrayed" her bunkmate or whatever so he rallied the guys to get rid of her then Adrian booted her buddy.
I wouldn't say that the first 2 became a couple... Bob turned on the girl in the first episode and tried to get her kicked out. then after he got kicked out, he told some guys that if anyone gets to be brought back, he wants to return.
Old 09-27-01, 05:32 PM

I dont think the first two were a couple either. I also dont think anyone would bring either of them back. What was the deal with the guy almost crying last night when he got the boot and then saying he was glad that he got kicked out?
Old 09-27-01, 11:44 PM

Gina, the first tossed, was one of the 2 prettiest women on the show. I like Melissa the best.

I don't agree that it should get dirtier and dirtier. I've enjoyed a reality show where I can laugh at the people at times and also enjoy most of the show and the way they all interact. It's very refreshing after Big Brother 2.

Survivor is still the best, the Mole got really very good as it went on and I expect it to be veven better the 2nd time around, and I'm hoping that if they do a BB3 that they'll try and make it more exciting than 1, but less insane than 2.

But looking at the previews it's obvious that Love Cruise is going to get racier as it goes on. I just hope they don't over-do it. I've really liked it so far, some added lunacy would be fun but just not too much.

Did anyone else notice that Toni (large boobs) looks like a man from the neck up and what's up with her eyeballs? I'm pretty sure they are going to fall out soon.

They only major complaint is that they do a poor job of explaining the rules of the game. The Switch card came out of nowhere and if they keep doing that it will be like they can just make things up as they go along and it would be better to know the rules of the game upfront. It makes the game part more exciting. Also, does anyone else feel bad for the people who get voted off and have to go to "loser island?" I mean the "losers" end up alone on Aruba with at least one member of the opposite sex. If that's their idea of losing, I'd go on the game just to lose!
Old 09-28-01, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think the rules to winning the cash should be:

Whoever bangs the most people on the boat (up to the max of 15 other people) the soonest should win the prize. 'Nuff said!

(This show is pretty lame).
Old 09-28-01, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by JaseXF3
some added lunacy would be fun but just not too much.

a friend of mine thinks they did psychological background checks on these people and purposely picked really unstable people.....
could be....
These people seem quite unstable for only knowing each other for 4 freakin days.
Old 09-28-01, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by garmonbozia

a friend of mine thinks they did psychological background checks on these people and purposely picked really unstable people.....
could be....
These people seem quite unstable for only knowing each other for 4 freakin days.
I'm completely disagree. If BB2 if the standard we measure these things by, this group seems far more mature. I'm not complimenting them or anything, just comparing them to another group of people that were OBVIOUSLY picked be cause they WERE unstable.

People who think this show is lame either don't like the reality genre or think every show should be like BB2.
Old 09-29-01, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually it's the duration of the show, it's about 2-3 weeks of double-dealing and shacking up - a mere sprint, while shows like BB2 is a frikkin' marathon, Survivor is a different sort of marathon, that precludes it from being real reality TV.

I do think Toni is totally faking her "sympathetic woe is them" angle.

Once the numbers get really small for the vote, I'm sure there will be some power struggles, and active campaigning on both genders to boot certain people, and keep in other people.

But, it all feels like a Miss/Mr. Congeniality contest every 2 days.
Old 09-30-01, 12:57 PM

I've said this before, but there should really be a show like this on HBO. It would be sooooo much better if every little thing didn't have to be edited out. And it's got to be cheaper to make a show like this than a regular series.

Think about it. What would be a bigger draw for HBO... a show in the mold of Love Cruise/Temptation Island or a new season of Arliss? I know what I would rather watch.
Old 10-01-01, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen one episode with the couples hustling for dollars while dancing. BORING! May watch another but nothing interesting is going on. In the commercials, you keep seeing that same gym instructor broad with the buggy eyes freakin' out. Please don't mention Love Cruise in the same breath as BB2. LC is not even in their league as far as I can tell and not even as interesting as Temptation Island which is about to premiere a new season.
Old 10-01-01, 02:04 PM

I will be enjoyed the cruise and laughing my ass off tonight. It's on tonight and tomorrow I think.
Old 10-01-01, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The scheduling of Love Cruise has been all over the place. Least week it was on Tuesday and Wednesday, this week it's Monday and Tuesday. Hello, Fox, not everyone has a frikkin' Tivo!
Old 10-01-01, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spoiler:
Anyone else get the impression that Lisa (dark haired girl) is playing the ship like a fiddle? If I had a dime for everytime this girl "heard something" I'd be a rich woman. I think her little "I'm so insecure" routine is fake too....why would you go on this show if you were really insecure?
Old 10-01-01, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Both Michael and Lisa was the ones who are playing with the minds of the rest of the bimbos and himbos. Toni got sandbagged by Lisa's rumors (who used Andrea to do her dirty work).

I can't stand Lisa, just plain embarrassing to watch the guys pay her "false" compliments. I look forward to seeing both Michael and Lisa get the boot, but I fear they may go all the way to the big prize, ironic that the 2 ugly ones might just wind up winning it all...
Old 10-02-01, 09:42 AM

I don't know, but by the look of the preview for tonights show I'm guessing that the Lisa girl kisses both the tatooed guy and Michael. Then I think Michael goes nuts on her, which will cause a rift between the two of them as well as between Michael and the tatoo guy.
Old 10-02-01, 09:45 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Predictions for tonight:

Lisa gets voted off
Adrian gets voted off

However, depending on who gets the switch card, Lisa may get to stay. Adrian is a goner no matter what.
Old 10-02-01, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Does anyone really buy Toni's "former low self-esteem" problems that afflict her current decision-making process.

This show should be called the "Blood Cruise" because that's what everyone on the show it out for. This is hardly an environment to make a love connection and nurture it.
Old 10-02-01, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by big whoppa
I've seen one episode with the couples hustling for dollars while dancing. BORING! May watch another but nothing interesting is going on. In the commercials, you keep seeing that same gym instructor broad with the buggy eyes freakin' out. Please don't mention Love Cruise in the same breath as BB2. LC is not even in their league as far as I can tell and not even as interesting as Temptation Island which is about to premiere a new season.
You're right, not in the same league as BB2. That is, it has some level of respectability to it. Maybe some people like to watch a group of psychopaths tear into each other in the same ugly house and play terribly stupid games in that same ugly house for several months...but not me.

You take the same screwy people and put them on a boat and, for the most part, it would have been a different show. The game playing is more subtle here and people aren't just selfish and mean and look at the scenery! That alone is one of the best parts of the show.

It's certainly not exciting as Survivor and maybe the Mole, but it's a huge step up from BB2. HUGE step up.
Old 10-03-01, 09:37 AM

Well at least that bitch Lisa is gone now. Pity about Adrian though. Now I have to dislike Toni for promissing Adrian she'd save him if he was voted off. I hope someone calls her on her fake tears soon.
Old 10-03-01, 09:45 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Well, Michael is straying from his "pretend to be the shy guy and fly under the radar" act. He's shooting his mouth off at every opportunity. Even the other members of the "Chicago Four" seem put off by his antics, and he apparently does something next episode to piss everybody off. He'll be voted off next.

Also voted off will be Toni. She pissed the guys off big time by not sticking with her boy Adrian.

Of course, the switch cards could change things dramatically...and from the previews it looks like there's a chance that somebody from "loser island" could be coming back to the ship. (One of those goats, I hope).
Old 10-03-01, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They need to fine-tune the rules a lot more if they intend on brining back Love Cruise II because the rules as they are just don't make for compelling TV.

Toni and Anthony need to go. But then I can't wait for Michael to get the boot. I don't really have a good handle on the rest of the crew, they are just pretty blah.
Old 10-03-01, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
I liked the first couple episodes, but now its worn pretty thin and I'm losing all interest. I agree with Patman. The rules don't make for compelling television.
Old 10-03-01, 01:50 PM

I started to get into the show but then realized how predictable it would become. I'm surprised Adrian even lasted that long, i mean surely the token black guy should've been ousted long ago. Tomiko should also count her blessings, i predict she gets the boot next, it's too bad since i find her to be the finest piece of work on the boat.

The least they could have done was to add another black couple to keep Adrian and Tomiko's interaction from being monotonous.
And Tony never gave a **** about Adrian, she's a pro at crying on cue.

Last edited by mee2; 10-03-01 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-03-01, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Toni reminds me of a puffed up 6 year old girl who's used to getting everything her way, or turns on the tears or bullies to get her way.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.