Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

I'm Lovin Love Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-01, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This episode tonight was GREAT GREAT GREAT.
Loved how it played out and how Anthony played the catalyst in the BIG FIGHT folding over to the next episode.

Darren and Melissa are the deserving couple.
I don't care for Janette that much. So the ending of tonight did help them.

But wow they keep changing and changing the rules now from the previews a THIRD COUPLE is entering the finals?!?!!? WTF?!

Will Janette stick with Mike?
We know Darren will keep Melissa.

Boy that was fun tonight to watch. Also at the beginning how Toni and Ralphie got the boot was just too funny watching that blow up in their face and Mike "slide by"!!!! Toni was "shocked" at the Jury meeting when Melissa mentioned Ralph!!!! Too funny.
Old 10-09-01, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hmm, I missed tonight's episode, cause I was watching Roswell and were too lazy to tape it.
So Toni and Ralph got the boot? Toni, no big surprise as she was saying she would go and blah-blah. Ralph? I guess when everyone was looking at Anthony and Mike to go, they just kicked Ralph... well, no biggie.

Can you detail what went on tonight? What was the BIG FIGHT and how is the final decision going to be made?
Old 10-09-01, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Okay, Ralph and Toni teamed up and decided to try and stay in it. Melissa got wind of it and told all the other girls so the girls voted off Ralph and the guys voted off Toni (Darren and Mike voted for Tony, Ralph and Anthony voted off others - it did not show how the tie was broken).

At the hot seat Janette tells everyone that Toni came up to her and said that Toni said that if Janette would let Toni win, Toni would give her $20,000. I can't decide if this is true or not because the cameras showed Toni saying she would give her half...anway, the couples competition had Anthony and Tomeeko, Janette and Sleazy Michael and Darren and Melissa. The third placed couple had to got to Losers Island. Anthony and Tomeeko lost.

At the end of the show it was revealed that Both Darren and Janette had switch cards. This time the switch cards can be used to switch your partner out with anyone from loser island.

Janette can switch out Mike, Darren can switch out Melissa.

All the losers from loser island come out and they get to all have lunch together, theoretically, to give the others time to plead their cases to Janette and Darren.

The girls were all trying to get Janette to switch out Michael.

Anyway, at the end, Toni is sitting with a few of the girls and Anthony strolls over and hints about Janettes bribe allegations but won't tell her exactly what was said. Predictably, Toni steams for about 5 minutes and then runs over to Melissa who tells her to hear it straight from Janette....the show ended with Toni going psycho on Janette.

Finale is next week and the host said something about a third couple getting into the finals....
Old 10-09-01, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by briank
This episode tonight was GREAT GREAT GREAT.
Loved how it played out and how Anthony played the catalyst in the BIG FIGHT folding over to the next episode.

Darren and Melissa are the deserving couple.
I don't care for Janette that much. So the ending of tonight did help them.

But wow they keep changing and changing the rules now from the previews a THIRD COUPLE is entering the finals?!?!!? WTF?!

Will Janette stick with Mike?
We know Darren will keep Melissa.

Boy that was fun tonight to watch. Also at the beginning how Toni and Ralphie got the boot was just too funny watching that blow up in their face and Mike "slide by"!!!! Toni was "shocked" at the Jury meeting when Melissa mentioned Ralph!!!! Too funny.
I agree with pretty much everything you've written. The show has been up and down and the rules seem to always change and that has affected how entertaining (or not) the show has been.

Also, at this point, everyone but Melissa and Darren seem unworthy of winning, although Janette is fine and Michael is not that bad either. He paid his dues for begin caught lying and I'm glad he got credit from the "better" people on the show for taking it and not trying to bring all the other schemers down with him.

Toni is just ridiculous and I hope in the last show that everyone turns on her, Andrea was always annoying, Anthony was always iffy with me because I couldn't really tell if he was a great liar or if that's just really like the way he acts (and I'm not sure which is worse) but I give him a lot of credit for stirring up things tonight and how confident he was that he could just say a few things to Toni and how it would all blow up. That was a lot of fun.

This show has the makings of something good if they tweak it a bit. The fact that it's short is good for the show. They need to clarify the rules earlier in the show and stop making things up as they go. In the finale, they'll probably say, wait now we are going to let the viewers decide. Also, the competitions were pretty dumb and they needed to show of the locations a lit bit more. Just looking around at all those beautiful locations was amazing part of the show not used enough. Survivor is excellent at showing off their locations while not losing the interactions between the people and the bickering and backstabbing and sex people hope to see.

Overall, it's pretty good. I hope Melissa wins and I hope Toni ends up lost at sea or just left behind on loser island. Or Greg, who she seems to adore, tells her he used her just to get a look at those Frankenstein boobs she has.

Also, someone posted about not knowing whether to believe Janette about the bribe. They certainly showed Toni offering her half, so even though the amount ended up being $20,000 that is now being talked about, it sure seems like Janette is the one to believe here.

And Toni also claimed she asked to be voted off and gave up her spot for Janette. I didn't see anything that led me to believe that was true. The guys who voted for Toni simply wanted her off. Melissa can't really be blamed for not saving Ralph because she would have been indirectly helping Toni and Ralph win. Unlike the way Toni let Adrian go after he did everything to win the competition that got her the switch card.
Old 10-10-01, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm amazed at how they can make Aruba look like such hell....and the people there....my God you'd think they were sending the losers to work camps or something...
Old 10-10-01, 06:48 AM

Originally posted by JaseXF3

And Toni also claimed she asked to be voted off and gave up her spot for Janette. I didn't see anything that led me to believe that was true. The guys who voted for Toni simply wanted her off. Melissa can't really be blamed for not saving Ralph because she would have been indirectly helping Toni and Ralph win. Unlike the way Toni let Adrian go after he did everything to win the competition that got her the switch card.
Yeah I love how Toni claimed she "gave up her spot for Janette" when she got to Loser Island and all of them were like "oh how nice" and Ralph ofcourse kept his mouth shut.
When in fact she just did tell Anthony that she would want to leave before Janette, but Anthony read it for what it was, a weak try at reverse psychology. And she even said that right when she went in the "diary room", "well hopefully they won't vote me off". I think she was trying to say how nice Janette was, because she had the feeling everyone liked her, and that since Toni was on that same side they'd get rid of Tomiko or Melissa.

Still too funny.
Old 10-10-01, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's my hope: Since they are bringing back a couple, I hope Adrian and Tomika win. Now this is weird if it's a vote on who comes back, if it's a game, then that's better. If it's a vote and it's from the losers, then they will vote for them to win as well.

Anyway, what I find strange is that they barely showed Adrian at all since he left. The first and only sign of him was during the lunch in yesterdays show. So what I'm wondering is if he just said screw it I'm doing my own thing while I'm here and just came back when he had to.....Or maybe it was even a stunt double...HAHA............very strange if you ask me.
Old 10-10-01, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,299 Likes on 796 Posts
Is Toni a freaking psycho or what?!?!

She is the most up & down person I have ever seen on one of these shows. One minute she's crying her eyes out b/c someone she does not even like is getting booted off the ship. The next minute she is going total ape-spit over someone she supposedly likes. She is a total freak. I think the medical term is manic!

Anthony was the best at getting the fight started. Talking about striking a match. I loved how he just said one word & then watched Toni slowly build into a crazy machine. She is scary.

I like this show but I am getting ready for the release of the king of sleeze, Temptation Island 2!
Old 10-10-01, 06:02 PM

Can we all agree that Tomiko is the finest woman on the boat!?!
Old 10-10-01, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mee2
She's my favourite, too.
Old 10-10-01, 09:47 PM

sorry, my votes goes to melissa...gina was nice too, but she was hardly on the show.
Old 10-10-01, 10:29 PM

Is Melissa the one with the "pouty" lips?
If so then she's my #2
Old 10-11-01, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The 2 things that bother me about Melissa:

1. Always seems to have a frowny face (it's just her natural look, nothing she's doing intentionally.

2. Has boyfriend. WTH? If you had a boyfriend, why could you go on the Love Cruise? Doesn't that just mess with your boundaries and leave many avenues closed inside the game?

Loved the way Anthony pushed Toni's buttons which made her blow up at Jeanette. Anthony is the evil one.
Old 10-11-01, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,299 Likes on 796 Posts
I agree. I was disgusted that no one was picking her in the first few episodes.
Old 10-11-01, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Remember when Michael wasn't getting any action on the 1st show, and then later he was getting all the action before his plan blew up in his face.
Old 10-16-01, 09:15 PM
Suspended

Who else is pumped by the finale's outcome!

Old 10-16-01, 11:13 PM

Melissa.....YES!!!!

My choice from the beginning and she and Darrin did make the best couple.

But is it me, or does almost every beautiful woman complain about being alone? Hello, Melissa, you are not alone. If the boyfriend in Chicago doesn't want you back and after the trip around the world with Darrin you realize he's not your type...please remember that I'm here for you.

I really liked Gina, but it was really a dumb thing to allow a couple from "loser" island back into the mix. It really made what should have been a slam dunk into a nailbiter. They had a huge advantage of spending a lot of time bonding together on Aruba with the voters and it was just rididulous to throw them back into the contest.

I was almost as happy to see Toni (whacko b*itch) and Anthony (arrogant pr*ck) lose and then have to watch Melissa and Darrin celebrate their victory as I was with the whole show ending the way I wanted it to.

I kind of hope we find out if they do a second season what happened on the trip around the world (am I the only person with a job?) and if Darrin and Melissa made it as a couple. Melissa was so adorable that despite my crush on her, I hope that it does work out for her.

Good show...but it needs major tweaking if they bring it back.

Last edited by JaseXF3; 10-16-01 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-17-01, 12:09 AM

what's the point in going around the world with a chic,who you like romantically, who has no romantic feelings toward you? Darrin is hoping for something thats most likely not going to happen. Adrin should have chosen Tomiko. Seems like Gina was starting to annoy him in the cabin.
Old 10-17-01, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Catch 21
Adrin should have chosen Tomiko
Yeah, it seemed like the people who didnt vote for him and Gina had a problem with Gina. I was surprised that Tomiko didnt vote for him seeing as they were paired up for so long. If she had there wouldnt have been a tie and Adrian and Gina would have won. But maybe she was pissed because he didnt pick her in the end though.
Old 10-17-01, 06:44 AM

I'm glad for who won, it was my choice.

And I loved how Anthony instigated another tirade, ddamn that guy is good!!!! It was a "legit" question, just so happens that it made Melissa BLOW UP, and he knew it would!!!

But I did have a problem with the whole, "let's throw a third couple into the finals" thing. That was quite stupid if you asked me. People got to vote, to put them back in, and then got to vote again on the winner. Kinda stupid.
They were ALREADY KICKED OUT, and out of the game.
Now they had the best chance of winning because they were there the least and pissed of the least amount of people. And it almost worked. I'm glad Tomiko said in her vote "for Darin and Melissa because they were here and played the game the WHOLE TIME". It was only right.
It wouldn't have been too bad if they kept this format but should have atleast put the rules out there for everyone to know FIRST so they can atleast add it to their strategy. Some might have wanted to be more likely to be the "guy that was so nice he volunteered to leave to save someone" knowin he'd be the hero and come back in the end.
But adding that 3rd couple still sucked, I thought the SWITCH CARD was plenty.
Old 10-17-01, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I hated all of these "surprise" twist at the end. It totally undermines anyone that's "playing" the game. This was one psycho Mr/Ms. Congenality contest, and it didn't really make for compelling TV. Things need to change if the Love Cruise sets sail again.

Anthony is quite talented at pushing the buttons of those females. Towards the end, he at least filled his "position" as instigator quite well on the show. All those other guys were pretty bland.

I don't really find Melissa all that "hot", and boy, does she have some serious baggage with her. She's the clingy type. Ewwww. I pity Darrin.

Poor Michael and Janette, shut out in the voting (but there was no way Janette was getting any votes either way, so at least she did the honorable thing).

That Gina and Adrian thing just got so preposterous. Can you imagine both of them stuck on a world-wide cruise together? I wouldn't want to hang with Gina for that long a time.
Old 10-17-01, 08:50 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I think the third couple was brought in when the producers realized that the final vote was going to be a blow-out.
Old 10-17-01, 09:44 AM
Suspended

I kind of hope we find out if they do a second season what happened on the trip around the world (am I the only person with a job?) and if Darrin and Melissa made it as a couple. Melissa was so adorable that despite my crush on her, I hope that it does work out for her.
I whole-heartedly agree. I wish they would have gone ahead and shown it, cause they had more than likely already taken the trip by the time this show's finale had aired.

I would have also like to see individual responses about the outcome like they did for everything else.

I really like this show because it was short and it didn't feel like it overstayed its welcome, even if there were some "tweaks".
Old 10-17-01, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Who thought Toni (bug-eyed chick with fake boobies) tried to bribe Janette?

And will Andrea change her tune when she see the footage of Toni's and Janette's conversation on the boat?
Old 10-17-01, 10:22 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by Patman
Who thought Toni (bug-eyed chick with fake boobies) tried to bribe Janette?
I think it was one of those things were she did but she would never admit it to herself. She thinks she was just doing the right thing.