Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ANGEL in WIDESCREEN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-01, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of the folks that I know that watch the show, none watch sports and hate RAW/WWF with a passion.

Of the folks that I know that are sports enthusiasts, they feel that WWF/RAW is pure crap (and on that I agree with them) and would rather watch a chick flick than watch Angel. (on this I don't agree with them and think their nitwits )

I know only four or five people that watch WWF/RAW and we often quesion each other's intelects in our choice of shows.
Old 09-26-01, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I watch both RAW and MNF, but not because either are particularly good. I watch RAW because I've been watching wrestling since birth, and it's hard to pull myself away even now. And the show really is funny if you just watch the promos. Also, even now, I'm in absolute awe of the athleticism of it. It really is incredible talent. Good second TV material. I also watch MNF, but again, on my second TV. It's pretty easy to figure out when the good parts of RAW will be, and I watch MNF the rest of the time. Usually the big RAW moments are early in the 2nd quarter and late in the 3rd. It's easy to flip around.

The demo for Angel, however, is quite different from the RAW and MNF demos, so I don't think they're losing many viewers. Much better to pit it against sports than against Roswell or Enterprise or Dark Angel or something like that.

das
Old 09-26-01, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The demo for Angel, however, is quite different from the RAW and MNF demos, so I don't think they're losing many viewers. Much better to pit it against sports than against Roswell or Enterprise or Dark Angel or something like that.
Okay, I sort of said the same thing, but not in such a direct way.
Old 09-26-01, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts
Cool ep. With regard to Darla...

Angel has said in two eps (Bad Eggs, S2 and The Prom, S3) that he can't physically have kids. So I don't think it's his baby. And Darla never seemed the LEAST bit interested in sleeping with Lindsay. So I think it's some kind of magic baby. I don't know. I'm just interested in knowing more about it. But if it turns out to be Lindsay's or Angel's, I'll be pissed.

X
Old 09-26-01, 11:27 AM

this is pure speculation on my part. Why do they keep showing the scene of Angel and Darla sleeping together(they did this on almost every episode last season)? Has Angel lost his soul and is just playing along with everyone?
Old 09-26-01, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Am I the only that has the Hots for Fred (Angel's Fred, not Elektra's Fred)? I find her simply adorable, and love the specs on her, makes her look like a sexy librarian.
Old 09-26-01, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

junkie - I don't think so. I don't think he could be that nice for that long. If he was evil Angel, we would know by now. Also, even though the slept together, if you notice, he let Darla know that even though he received satisfaction, he gained no real pleasure. There was no "true moment of happiness" like there was with Buffy. That's why Darla wanted to do it again. She knew he still had a soul. She can either sense or smell it.

Patman - glad you clarified that.....
Old 09-27-01, 11:06 AM

Okay, I guess she did smell a soul on him when he got it way back...What about Lindsay though? Didn't he leave LA last season?
Old 09-27-01, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, Lindsay did leave.
Old 09-28-01, 02:44 PM

Hots for Fred

Ditto on that! Kind of reminds me of Bailey Quarters from WKRP. Not, I'm not quite *that* old - I watched reruns.
Old 09-28-01, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a certain... je nais sais quois about her, too