Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Where did the Lone Gunmen go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-01, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did the Lone Gunmen go?

Will this show return this fall? With my frustration with the way the X-Files were going, the Lone Gunmen was a good distraction that I hope to see more episodes of.
Old 09-04-01, 08:41 AM

I guess here is my answer:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=137674

Why did they cancel this?

Last edited by BenCJedi; 09-04-01 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-04-01, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm guessing the ratings weren't there. It didn't help that they made them virtually geniuses in the X-Files and virtually idiots on their own show. There was some good stuff, but not enough to keep it going.
Old 09-04-01, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by elektra
I'm guessing the ratings weren't there. It didn't help that they made them virtually geniuses in the X-Files and virtually idiots on their own show. There was some good stuff, but not enough to keep it going.

True... I always enjoyed their appearences on X Files, but never really got into their own series.
Old 09-04-01, 12:07 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

There was some good stuff, but not enough to keep it going.
I think if you'd stuck with the series, you wouldn't say that. The pilot was beyond terrible. Who cares if their characters are more comedic on their own series. It's fantasy. Fox really should have renewed the show based on the Edward Woodward monkey episode alone. It's much to hard to find an audience within just a handful of episodes. If Fox had sold it as hard as Dark Angel, there's no question it'd fair better.
Old 09-04-01, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Um, I was always taught not to assume, because it makes an ass out of u and me! I did stick with it. All the way until it was off the air. I didn't say I didn't like it, I did. I just can see why it didn't last. I didn't mind the comedic stuff, but if they were smart on the X-Files, why not on their own show? Also, Jimmy was pretty useless for the most part and Eve I could have done without.

I liked the Monkey episdoe.
Old 09-04-01, 12:31 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope a UK network picks the show up for its abortive run....

[ interest piqued by reference to "Edward Woodward monkey episode"!]
Old 09-04-01, 01:04 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

I didn't mind the comedic stuff, but if they were smart on the X-Files, why not on their own show? Also, Jimmy was pretty useless for the most part and Eve I could have done without.
Jimmy became critical to the show. Eve was a bit useless. Only there to point the boys into trouble. I still find it difficult to believe you had problems with the show if you'd watched it faithfully.

Their being experts on the X-Files advances the various plots of those episodes ... on their own show, where's the fun of them being know-it-alls? The show'd be over in 10 minutes if they always had the answer. Lots of times they do, they're skilled guys ... just social misfits.

The granny nazi episode is my second fave.
Old 09-06-01, 09:06 AM
Banned

I saw in when it came on Sunday nights but when they moved it to Friday nights i missed it because I was never home. They should have put it on Wednesday nights.
Old 09-06-01, 09:53 AM

Luckily I won a TIVO... it records shows whenever they are on, so I don't miss them. Unfortunately FOX will not be renewing the series, so the TIVO will be hard-pressed to record it.
Old 09-06-01, 11:23 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Welcome to the TiVo family. I can't quite remember what life was like before I got mine. It's like going from a stove to the convience of a microwave. Everyone should have one.
Old 09-06-01, 12:35 PM

I've had a TIVO since last September, so it is my anniversary. I couldn't go back to life without one now.
Old 09-06-01, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

G. Noel Gross - I guess just a matter of opinion. I watched faithfully, I like the characters, I thought some of the story stuff was pretty interesting. Eve was annoying in that they constantly let her use them and she was unlikable with little to no redeeming (sp?) value. Jimmy was dead weight to me.

Also, they didn't need to be know it alls, but to be virtually idiots on their own show just didn't seem right to me. I think the part of them being social misfits worked perfectly for them. It gave them a touch of reality.

I have Replay and don't think I could ever live without it. They have some great new features coming with their new products. It's going to be so exciting.
Old 09-06-01, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I didn't like Jimmy in the beginning, but his character grew on me as the show went on. I will miss it because it was a bright (well lit) and refreshing counterpoint to the X-Files.