Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Krycek IS Mulder's Brother

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-01, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krycek IS Mulder's Brother

And HE's not dead. I think the second part isn't much of a surprise. That's a character the show really needs.

Anyway, exec-producer Frank Spotnitz was asked about whether Krycek was really dead and he responded "Anything is possible," and "You need to look listen to his last bit of dialogue on the last show."

I went and did this and I couldn't believed that I missed this. Krycek says, "We wanted the same thing, brother." I just thought Krycek might have been listening to a lot of rap music.

I know a lot of people here think this show's finished, but I wouldn't bet on it. Fox lacks any really depth in the drama realm, Gillian will be around one more year and I, personally, like the new additions. I also know Chris Carter is coming back and he knows that the fans are disappointed with some of the story lines and that we all are a bit concerned about how much confusion the show can throw at an audience without any resolution. I mean, really, these aliens seriously do deserve to die, if for no other reason, but they are taking forever in taking over the planet.

This needs to be resolved. Especially if we all want to see Gillian And David back in a second movie. I know the big paychecks will be tempting (especially to Duchovny who doesn't seem nearly as likely to be a terrific movie star as Anderson. But he is married to a great actress and Very Hot woman Tea Leoni), but if this show misfires terribly in the next season or two and almost becomes a joke, then I don't think David or Gillian would want to come back to these characters.

We need to have some answers about the aliens and about how Mulder could have kissed Scully, finally, and then suddenly be gone AGAIN! How they resolve Mulder being gone again will be crucial for me to believe and in allowing me to feel better about Reyes and Doggett taking over as leads. And getting back to the title of this post, I think Krycek is the BEST "love to hate him" character ever and I hope he does come back and I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of him. The lone gunmen will also be back...could CSM be far behind? But stop with the he's bad, he's good, he's bad, he's good, he's alive, he's dead, he's here, he's gone, he's the dad, no he's not, the aliens are coming, no they aren't, etc.

If they settle these issues and get back to great X-Files story-telling, I'll watch this show forever.

Last edited by JaseXF3; 09-04-01 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-04-01, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought this last season was pretty good. I'm very disappointed that DD won't be back. The show has always been about his quest for the truth and what happened to his sister. So, the sould is kind of going out of it. But, if the writing continues to be good, I'll stay on board.
Old 09-04-01, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Season 8 was a bit lack-luster for my tastes but not too bad. I do however feel that Krcek was the best character on the show.

Chris Carter did say that he would absolutely not do a 9th season of the X-Files if Fox cancled The Lone Gunman so he is a bit of a wuss for not sticking to his priciples.

Also if you were a fan of The Lone Gunmen the last show's cliffhanger will be resolved in the first episode of The X-Files.

Also they have begun work on a second X-Files movie, Chris Carter said look for it in a couple of years.
Old 09-04-01, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by palebluedot
Season 8 was a bit lack-luster for my tastes but not too bad. I do however feel that Krcek was the best character on the show.

Chris Carter did say that he would absolutely not do a 9th season of the X-Files if Fox cancled The Lone Gunman so he is a bit of a wuss for not sticking to his priciples.

Also if you were a fan of The Lone Gunmen the last show's cliffhanger will be resolved in the first episode of The X-Files.

Also they have begun work on a second X-Files movie, Chris Carter said look for it in a couple of years.
I don't know what principles you are speaking of. In hollywood, $$$$$$ is what talks and Fox gave Chris Carter plenty of those "principles" to come back. With DD gone, I think the Lone Gunmen are better off on the X-Files anyway. With Scully now as the believer, she can now come to them like Mulder did to help her when she can't trust anyone else.

No X-Files movie is even in pre-production. If Chris Carter said something to this affect possible he meant he had begun a screenplay. Therefore, as long as David and Gillian aren't singed on to do it, I wouldn't really celebrate the likelihood of a second feature just yet.

And, although, I'm fine with the TV show living on past DD and GA, I would be VERY disappointed if the second movie revolved around the new characters and lacked Mulder and Scully.
Old 09-04-01, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by JaseXF3

I don't know what principles you are speaking of. In hollywood, $$$$$$ is what talks and Fox gave Chris Carter plenty of those "principles" to come back. With DD gone, I think the Lone Gunmen are better off on the X-Files anyway. With Scully now as the believer, she can now come to them like Mulder did to help her when she can't trust anyone else.

No X-Files movie is even in pre-production. If Chris Carter said something to this affect possible he meant he had begun a screenplay. Therefore, as long as David and Gillian aren't singed on to do it, I wouldn't really celebrate the likelihood of a second feature just yet.

And, although, I'm fine with the TV show living on past DD and GA, I would be VERY disappointed if the second movie revolved around the new characters and lacked Mulder and Scully.
I didn't say anything about pre-preduction on a movie. In an interview I read, Chris Carter said they have "begun work on a new X-Files movie and that it will be with Duchovny and Anderson", there was no more elaboration than that. I tried to find the interview but the link is dead.

As far as money talking in Hollywood I am well aware of that. He was however very smug towards Fox stating implicitly that he would not do a 9th season if The Lone Gunmen was cancled. So more money or not he is weak he his principles.
Old 09-04-01, 03:42 PM

Originally posted by palebluedot

. He was however very smug towards Fox stating implicitly that he would not do a 9th season if The Lone Gunmen was cancled. So more money or not he is weak he his principles.
Unless you know him, personally, I think that you should withhold judgment and just accept that he changed his mind. It happens.
Old 09-05-01, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone even care at this point?

Krycek may very well be Mulder's "brother" - but through some convoluted non-story, Chris Carter will completely reverse this revelation by the end of the season, leaving the audience right back where we were in the first place.

Let's face it. Chris Carter was making this series up by the seat of his pants. He had no over-arching grand-myth narrative he was trying to tell. He lost the thread of whatever conspiracy story he was trying to weave along about the time he staged that mass slaying of the international "alien cartel."

I've had a bad taste in my mouth about this series ever since I attended that schlock-fest that was the "X-files X-po" during the summer of the big budget film. That studio run "convention" was all about the "benjamins" and literally nothing else. It showed complete disdain for the audience as did the ridiculous "Will Scully and Mulder just do it already?" pseudo-romance that killed off the series.

"X-Files" is over. I, for one, won't be tuning in this fall.
Old 09-14-01, 10:22 PM

Krycek took a bullet right between the eyes for chrissakes!

Unless he is one of those indestructable aliens like Billy Miles than I can understand that.
Old 09-15-01, 03:37 AM
Banned

Give me a break! Ive been watching X-Files since season 1. Krycek is not Mulder's brother. Lay off the crack if you think so. They've been through so much together that they have a brother like relationship. Some episodes they help each other out and others they hate each others guts.

Hes dead, people.
Old 09-15-01, 04:15 PM

the weird thing about them being brothers is that krycek and mulder both wanted to find the truth and krycek basically suceeded more than mulder. krycek knows so much more than mulder ever could dream off. mulder knows bits and pieces of things and he doesn't even know if they are true because of the false info also given to him. he has seen what appears to be a ufo yet he has no pictures and doesnt know if what he saw was really that or something made by the government or imagined. krycek though, was more ruhtless and killed anyone in his way that stopped him from reaching the truth. he would team up with any side that helped him best, whether it was the fbi, the cig smoking man, going solo, or even the aliens. krycek killed his own father even! (assuming mulder and krycek are brothers) mulder on the other hand always had morals and never killed unless in self defense. he could have killed cig smoking man many times, or many others would stood in his way. mulder didn't lie and back stab either like krycek.

i have no point, just think it's interesting how krycek literally knows everything about what's going on and mulder knows close to nothing still after all this time.
Old 09-15-01, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Rubix
krycek killed his own father even! (assuming mulder and krycek are brothers)
Of course, the CSM could be their father instead of Bill Mulder (unless that has been resolved).
Old 09-15-01, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by THX 1138
Give me a break! Ive been watching X-Files since season 1. Krycek is not Mulder's brother. Lay off the crack if you think so. They've been through so much together that they have a brother like relationship. Some episodes they help each other out and others they hate each others guts.

Hes dead, people.
Word.. its hard for me to bite that they are really brothers.. as for his condition.. I can say that he should be dead.. and if he isn't... its amazing that he survived Long after the show died.
Old 09-16-01, 12:35 PM
Zee

Tell me if I'm crazy, but...

After Tuesday's events, I was surrounded by people stating that no one had ever thought of such a thing before. But the whole event seemed so familiar to me. Then I realized that the Pilot episode of the Lone Gunmen featured a plot to crash an airplane into the World Trade Center, and that the Gunmen are able to stop the attack in the nick of time. Was I the only one that remembered this? It's frighteningly ironic.

As for Krycek: he was always my favorite character... I knew he was going to go in the last episode though. May he R.I.P.. I don't think he'll be back (unless like someone said, he's an alien), and I'm nearly positive he's not Mulder's brother. There are several reasons he could have called him "brother"- they are part of the same web of conspiracy, and after all they've been through, are in a sense "brothers".
Old 09-16-01, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by bluedevil
Of course, the CSM could be their father instead of Bill Mulder (unless that has been resolved).
makes sense to me that CSM is their father. how else would 2 guys who cause so much trouble and get in so much danger survive for so long? if their daddy was the most powerful man on earth then it seems more plausible that they have lived as long as they have.
Old 09-18-01, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The answer is, there is no answer, until Chris Carter decided to give us one, and then the answer is only as good as long as he decides not to change his mind. When he does, the original answer will be revealed to be false, and we will be given the new improved answer.

This show needed a new showrunner starting in season 5. Or earlier...