Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fall season start?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-01, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fall season start?

why is it that shows can't all start at the same time? even on the same network they dont. I was looking at fox.com for the starting time for the new shows and for season premieres...it seems every show starts on a different week. This is lame.
Old 09-03-01, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why would the networks have all their big season premieres competing against each other?? That would be a stupid business move. All about the advertisers.
Old 09-03-01, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
Why would the networks have all their big season premieres competing against each other?? That would be a stupid business move. All about the advertisers.
but you would think fox would start its shows on the same week...or even the same month.
Old 09-04-01, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Venusian
but you would think fox would start its shows on the same week...or even the same month.
I all depends on production schedules. I think shows like Cops and America's Most Wanted, which premiered this past weekend don't require much post-production and can be slapped together and shown.

On the other hand, huge shows like the X-Files may require special effects work and such and shows like the Simpsons and Futurama require animated work.

If they held on to wait for every single show to be ready for its premiere they would be behind and then they would be forced to simultaneously promote 12 hours of premieres.

Matt
Old 09-04-01, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Fall season start?

Originally posted by Venusian
why is it that shows can't all start at the same time? even on the same network they dont. I was looking at fox.com for the starting time for the new shows and for season premieres...it seems every show starts on a different week. This is lame.
Fox starts late because of the frickin baseball playoffs. There are a lot more people who could care less about them than do actually care about them. I despise baseball as it is, but now I really despise it because I wont be able to see a new Simpsons episode until November.
Old 09-04-01, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Re: Fall season start?

Originally posted by Iron Chef

Fox starts late because of the frickin baseball playoffs. There are a lot more people who could care less about them than do actually care about them. I despise baseball as it is, but now I really despise it because I wont be able to see a new Simpsons episode until November.
the treehouse of horror ep will be right around halloween
and looking at snpp.com, it appears there will be one episode before the treehouse episode.. so we may have one near the end of october.

http://www.snpp.com/upcoming.html
Old 09-05-01, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
damn.. nevermind..
according to http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?19304

first ep of simpsons will be Nov. 4th (just in times for sweeps)

btw.. that website has a listing for most of the fox lineups and when they new season will start!