Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under season finale [spoilers]

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-01, 10:04 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Six Feet Under season finale [spoilers]

Wow this is a great show. These two episodes were simply awesome. There was some great drama in both episodes and some great humor (I laughed out loud when David looked up at the stained glass window in the church of the person on his knees in front of a priest). It really brought on a twist to find out about Nate's medical condition.

All in all, this is one great show. For those out there who have jumped on the bandwagon just recently, I hope HBO will broadcast these episodes in order in the off season so you will be able to enjoy quality television at its finest.

It will be hard to find another show to make weekly comments about like we all have been for the last 13 weeks with SFU.

Till next season...
Old 08-19-01, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was actually laughing my butt off when the lady got hit by the golf ball. all in all, i would agree that these were great. unfortunately i didn't get in til about ep. 8 so i would love to see the first eps, however i would not be surprised to see this released on dvd soon.

i am also of the opinion that this is a better show then the sopranos but i have only seen the first two eps of the sopranos so i could be wrong.
Old 08-20-01, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Comparing this to The Sopranos? Can we say apples and oranges? I love them both, but they are completely different shows.

Anyway, I liked the finale, but I didn't *love* it. It didn't seem to stand as strongly as some of the other episodes, and there were a few too many cheap laughs ... like the golf ball to the head - that was just silly. It did have some wonderful moments, though, and finished very strong. I'm glad they allowed David to come to terms with his homosexuality, at least enough to stop hating himself. And I really liked the brief mental applause he got at his Church. It's great to see another show that's not afraid to let its characters grow and change. Just about everyone on the show has shown significant changes since the first episode, some better some worse, and it will be interesting to see how they continue this over the next season, which knowing HBO will probably be June 2008.

das
Old 08-20-01, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The 1st episode's opening death was pretty grisly. For some reason, the conversations that David has with the dead are strangely engaging.

I wasn't sure if David delivered his speech in church, or was it a fantasy speech?

I knew Nathan would know what to say to Tracey, he does have that gift for empathy. Plus given his new medical condition, it struck home with him even more.

Why was Frederico so much "better" with the revelation of David's homosexuality in the 2nd episode? He seemed really disturbed by it in the 1st episode.

I was faked out by the death in the 2nd episode (hoping it was that Kroner beeyotch on the teebox).

Why do women hang with unstable guys? It appears Claire is on that road.

Ruth's relationships are pretty entertaining because Ruth has that "frankness" of older people in relationships that is leads to stark reactions with little theatrics. That Hiram is a total wimp doesn't surprise me (with his "the grass is always greener on the other side" connundrum). I'm glad Rugh and Nikolai hooked up, and her standing up for herself was refreshing, consequences be damned.

I was bummed when the 2nd episode ended. I wanted more!
Old 08-20-01, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The first episode last night was a great example of what this show does right. Excellent dialogue delivered by a great ensemble cast. The story didn't feel rushed like some weeks and it really seemed to be about character development. I missed most of the 2nd episode but it seemed to be much faster paced and introducing alot of new plot lines. The first episode just had a great pacing to it there were long sections that most shows would have hacked up to keep the pacing quick but this show when it takes its time is the best on TV. Please reair this HBO soon so I can catch up on episode 6 the "weed" episode.
Old 08-20-01, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Great episodes. The first one was very eye opening with all the stuff happening with David and his realizations. The second episode wasn't great, but finally Billy was locked up. That guy is a nut. I was hoping for more of a cliffhanger type ending, but they did leave open alot of stuff for all the characters for next season. Next season:

Brenda will have to deal with Billy's forced instituationalization.
David will try to get back with his cop boyfriend.
Nate will have to deal with his brain deal.
Claire will have to deal with the lecherous school counselor.
Gabe will have repercussions with his armed robbery that he committed.
Nikolai and the Mom will have to figure out their relationship.
Old 08-20-01, 03:22 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I don't know about these 2 eps, I think it was a wee bit too preachy. Kind of telling you how you should be living your life, and then punishing the one who is normal.

In the sense that Nate is the healty guy. looks after himself, and would be expected to live a long life, and david having unprotected sex with hookers is the one to outlast him.

I wonder how they will deal with Nates trauma, I watch ER, and they tend to drag things like that out to extend the season and have people come back for more. I fell 6FU is good enough that it does not really need sensationalism to draw in viewers. It is very good television.

Anyway I like the mam getting out of her shell, the dead guy was freaking me out a lot.

Glad Billy is where he is, I still don't trust him tho, and was happy to see him in restraints in the hospital.

Something will come of the holdup next season no doubt
Old 08-20-01, 05:52 PM

With the exception of the holdup, which seemed completely out of place, It was almost like a series finale as everything appeared to be resolved at the end. Is there any chance that there will not be another season?

Last edited by jaxjeffi; 08-20-01 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-20-01, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by jaxjeffi
With the exception of the holdup, which seemed completely out of place, It was almost like a series finale as everything appeared to be resolved at the end. Is there any chance that there will not be another season?
no, there is going to be another season definately. that was announced before the first episode of 6 feet under even aired.
Old 08-23-01, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Bring on the DVD box set.
Old 08-23-01, 09:48 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Has anyone been able to download the SFU screensaver for Windows on HBO.com? It doesn't seem to be working for me.
Old 08-23-01, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

According to tvguide.com HBO has renewed SFU for a third season!
Old 08-23-01, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Wormwood
According to tvguide.com HBO has renewed SFU for a third season!
like i said above, HBO execs like the show so much even before it aired, they signed everyone for season 2. That's sweet as hell that it's coming back for season 3. Wahoo!