Search this Thread

Old 11-21-04, 09:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Hal trying to cover up the hydrant with random pieces of garbage
Old 11-21-04, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think Francis is on the show anymore. I think this is the third episode without him.

Christopher Kennedy Masterson is still in the credits though.
Old 11-21-04, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts
Originally posted by Which Button?
I don't think Francis is on the show anymore. I think this is the third episode without him.

Christopher Kennedy Masterson is still in the credits though.
Maybe they are going to put him into a new situation and we'll see it eventually. Who knows. I'll miss the little diversions that he provides if he is truly gone from the show.
Old 11-21-04, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

stupid football game.. I got all excited after the game, because they showed a few minutes commercials, then the intro music/credits, then more commercials, then "due to the length of the football game" crap, I turned it off..if they hadn't showned all those fucking commercials..they would have only been maybe 10 minutes late..if that..(I think)...guess I won't be watching anymore ;(
Old 11-21-04, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still voting for Fox to move the damn sports over to their sports nets and get back to showing our shows in their entirety.

stupid Fox.
Old 11-22-04, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I feel bad for you East Coasters. This one deserved it's own thread. I thought it was a classic!

Hal gets in a feud with the garbageman who ends up dumping a full truckload in front of their house. Lois is offended by the new ad for Smooth Malt Liquor in the drugstore. It's a cardboard cutout of a big grinning black man named Slappy, holding a mop in one hand and a tallboy in the other This was the best episode I've seen in a long time.
Old 11-22-04, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by ChrisHicks
I'm still voting for Fox to move the damn sports over to their sports nets and get back to showing our shows in their entirety.

stupid Fox.
You do realize that the ratings for football blow the ratings for Malcolm and KOTH out of the water, right?

What they should do is use FX to show what would be on FOX if not for football.
Old 11-22-04, 01:27 AM

Originally posted by TheKing
You do realize that the ratings for football blow the ratings for Malcolm and KOTH out of the water, right?

What they should do is use FX to show what would be on FOX if not for football.
It would be nice to see special airings of the Sunday night shows uncut on FX only during football.
Old 11-22-04, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
It ticked me off even more because I think the game actually ended about 6:20 CST.

Then I check my TIVO later and I find an annoying post game show running until about 6:45.

WTF?

Plus, who the hell are those NFL guys? Ok, I know who Bradshaw is, but what's with all the loud, braying and annoying shouting during every replay?
Old 11-22-04, 09:44 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Thanks again, Fox. Half the country missed Malcolm yet again.

I just don't understand why Fox doesn't schedule the NFL post-game to go until 8 Eastern/7 Central. Why pretend you're going to finish by 7 E/6 C? Have they ever finished by 7 E/6 C?
Old 11-22-04, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just wish that Malcolm was still in the 830 slot after the Simpsons.

I know that plenty of people here bust a nut over Arrested Development, but that show just doesn't do anything for me.
Old 11-22-04, 01:06 PM

Write Fox to complain about this...

I wrote Fox at: [email protected] last week about this football games running over into the Sunday Fox Line-up issue. They didn't respond.

I just sent this to them:
SECOND REQUEST FOR ANSWERS....

Good Afternoon,

Well, this the second week in a row that we didn't get to see "King Of The Hill" and "Malcolm In The Middle" (Started 20 minutes into the episode...not acceptable at all Fox!) DUE TO THE FOOTBALL GAMES THAT RUN INTO THE SUNDAY EVENING SHOWS!!
I wrote you last week, But I guess you chose to ignore me and the others that wrote you to complain about this problem.
Not all of your audience are football fans. Some of us make it a point to watch your line up each Sunday night. This is not at all fair to us.
The game finally ended at 7:25pm Eastern and then the NFL Wrap Up show ran until 7:43pm!!! Then Five minutes of commercials and then the episode of Malcolm started with maybe ten minutes left. How are we supposed to know what's going on in the episode? This is wrong! Now we've missed two episodes of each show. Not the end of the world, but some of enjoy the shows.
The NFL Wrap Up show shouldn't have even ran last night. All it is are reviews of every single and I mean every single football game played that day. Can't football fans just tune into ESPN or Fox Sports for these scores? Or couldn't they just read a paper the next day for scores? Or maybe go online to check if this is such important can't live without knowledge?
Again, my question is...Why does Fox not care about it's non-football viewers on Sunday evenings? Why are the missed episodes not replayed or played in their entire intended forms? Why not show them on FX or just show the damn football games on the Fox Sports Channel?
I would like an answer to these questions please.
If this is not the proper address to write for these answers then please provide the correct FOX address and phone numbers to complain about this issue.
If this how you treat your faithful viewers then I can understand why HBO rules Sunday nights.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your answers to these questions ASAP please.
Thanks,

Michael LeBlanc
Detroit Area Viewer

***I know this may sound corny and cry-baby like, but I enjoy the silly shows.
And I understand the ratings issue at hand here.
I'll probably never hear from them, but it's worth a try to get the point across to them.

If you care drop them a quick note and let them know we care.

[email protected]
Old 11-22-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by RoyalTea
I just wish that Malcolm was still in the 830 slot after the Simpsons.

I know that plenty of people here bust a nut over Arrested Development, but that show just doesn't do anything for me.
What they need to do is move My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss to another night.
Old 11-23-04, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by Roto
What they need to do is move My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss to another night.

NOOOO!!! This would interfere with Desperate Housewives and The Wire. They need to just not show KotH and MitM on days when Fox has the double header, and then they could stretch out the King/Malcom season and not ruin episodes for it's viewers.
Old 12-05-04, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Malcolm In The Middle 12/05/04

Another great episode. This is one of the best non-Hal-centric episodes in quite a while.

Spoiler:
The boys dancing to Abba was hilarious!
Old 12-05-04, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Hal/Pearl Harbor day side plot was pretty funny.

Football ended on time, so I actually got to see the whole episode!
Old 12-06-04, 12:25 PM

Football ran over in the Detroit area yet again!!!

Third episode in row that we've missed (unless you want to catch the last 8 minutes...which I don't).

Thanks again Fox!!!
Old 12-06-04, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Zombie67

Third episode in row that we've missed (unless you want to catch the last 8 minutes...which I don't).

Thanks again Fox!!!

Ditto in Chicago........

We've only had one episode in its entirety this season
Old 12-06-04, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Zombie67

Thanks again Fox!!!
I'm almost ready to just give up on Malcolm until after football season. every week its the same old thing, I get my snacks and drinks ready, sit down, hit now playing on my tivo, then fast forward through 20+ minutes of football in iorder to watch maybe the last 5 minutes of the show. Fox should just schedule repeats from 7:00 - 8:00 during football. this is just so annoying.
Old 12-06-04, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts
It was a pretty funny episode. Again, Christopher Masterson was nowhere to be seen. Are they going to replace him w/ the annoying neighbor girl?
Old 12-06-04, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
Spoiler:
The boys dancing to Abba was hilarious!
I was laughing so hard at this! Love this show!
Old 12-07-04, 10:44 AM

The new TV Guide has Fox listed in their "Cheers and Jeers" section (with a Jeer, of course) for doing this to East Coast viewers. It's a shame.
Old 12-07-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So this show is still on? I figured Fox had axed it and replaced it with the new reality show "NFL: Men in Tights".

God I miss KOTH and Malcolm.
Old 12-07-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's really too bad about the scheduling because it's been a great season so far. I thought the show might be getting a little long in the tooth when they sent Francis to work on the ranch, but every show this season is cracking me up.

Now I'm wondering what Francis is up to
Old 12-07-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Roto
Now I'm wondering what Francis is up to
I was wondering the same thing. Nothing about him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.