Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Brimstone

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-01, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brimstone

I am watching Brimstone of Sci-Fi channel today. Whatever happened to this show? How long did it last? So far it seems like a great show and as usual the networks canned it.
Old 08-14-01, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 episodes, then came the ax. Was a great show too! I remember they were just hours into filming the 14th episode when they got the notice.
Old 08-14-01, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Strong premise, and a good lead character, and one of the best TV Devils ever!... It's a shame it didn't get more of a chance...
Old 08-14-01, 07:05 PM

loved this show. still can't understand why it got the chop when there are so many dreadful programmes still on the air. i really wanna know what happened next. and was really turned on by the sexy devil's lover woman. does he get his second chance? i guess now we'll never know.

Old 08-14-01, 08:28 PM

maybe we will get lucky and it will show up on dvd, I can still hope, can't I?
Old 08-15-01, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's some info on what would have been the last episodes of the first season

MISSING:
FOX ordered 6 additional episodes for Brimstone that were in various stages of preproduction when it was cancelled.

A note from Brimstone Producer Cyrus Voris:

Ethan and I wanted to leave everyone with the answer to a question that's been posed to us quite a few times -- Fox initially ordered SIX more episodes of Brimstone, episodes which were in various stages of preproduction before the plug was pulled -- WHAT WERE THOSE EPISODES? What happened to Stone & Roz? What about Ash? Well, here goes...

RIVALS (#14)

RIVALS - shut down a mere three hours into production, episode 14 pitted Stone with two dilemmas: an escaped damned Soul who is killing illegal immigrants and a beautiful kick-ass damned woman, late of the Irish Republican Army, who the Devil has brought back in order to test Stone. The Deal? Whoever sends this week's Damned Soul to Hell FIRST gets to stay on Earth and hunt the down the rest of the 113 -- whoever fails gets a one-way ticket back to Eternal Damnation! Zeke wins, but not before getting somewhat PHYSICALLY involved with the IRA woman, who proves to be almost his match in every way, shape & form.

DEADLINE (#15)

DEADLINE - an episode with a BACKWARDS structure. A Reporter shows up on the scene just in time to witness Zeke sending a Damned Soul back to Hell, then tracks the story BACKWARDS in his attempt to find Stone and find out what's up...

ANGEL (#16)

ANGEL - Stone tracks down what he THINKS is a Damned Soul, but turns out instead to be a Rogue Angel bored with heaven, desperate to taste everything life has to offer -- including Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll, and murder! Stone has to figure out how to trick the bad Angel into going back to Heaven -- with a little help from someone who 'aint the Devil and prompts the Devil into yelling at the Heaven's: "He's working for me, not you!" Also in this episode, a mysterious woman shows up and starts asking questions about Zeke Stone -- it's ROSALYN!

PARTNERS (#17)

PARTNERS - Stone tracks another Damned Soul, but this time the Devil shows up and wants to tag along on Stone's investigation! This one's personal for ole' Lucifer, 'cause this is the one guy who never broke, the one guy who never begged for mercy, who did his time in Hell defiantly, always telling the Devil to F-off. Who is this tough-as-nails Damned Soul? None other than a meek, mild-mannered CLERK who looks like he wouldn't hurt a fly! Lots of darkly comic antics with Stone showing the Devil how to be a detective, etc. Also more on Roz tracking down the husband she was sure was dead... until now.

INNOCENCE (#18)

INNOCENCE - Stone tracks down a Damned Soul who turns out to be none other than one of his relatives, a beloved Uncle from Stone's childhood who claims that he was innocent, that Somebody Up There made a mistake! Stone embarks on a bizarre quest -- not to hunt down this week's Damned Soul -- but to try to clear him and find the real bad guy...

BIRTHDAY (#19- The Season Finale)

BIRTHDAY - Maxine finds out that Stone's birthday is coming up and tries to throw a a party for her loneliest hotel guest. Problem is she can't find any friends or relatives, except those that claim Zeke Stone has been dead for 15 years! Plus the return of ASH, the return of Zeke's CAT and a stunning cliff-hanger: Max brings a a special, suprise guest to Zeke's Birthday Party -- a guest whose arrival was to serve as our season-ending finale -- his wife, ROZ!

A PostScript from Cyrus:

Anyhow, that was it, folks. The remaining never-produced Brimstone episodes. What might have been...Ah, well, before I get all misty-eyed, another huge thank you to all the fans for following and supporting this show for it's all-too-brief run. It's been a blast -- and rest assured Ethan & I will be back with another show for another season (and maybe a feature film version of "BRIMSTONE").

Keep watching.
Old 08-15-01, 08:42 AM

Wow!!! A feature film version would be damn nice
Old 08-15-01, 09:32 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
It is great to know what was planned for the remaining 6 episodes. This was one kick-a$$ show. A feature film would be sweet. Peter Horton would have to play Zeke though...cause knowing Hollywood, they'd probably want a more mainstream actor to play Zeke...someone like Ralph Maccio or something.
Old 08-15-01, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by adamblast
Strong premise, and a good lead character, and one of the best TV Devils ever!... It's a shame it didn't get more of a chance...
I liked the show too.

That devil was played by the brilliant but still fairly unknown John Glover. If you want to see one of the best movie villain performances of all time, see Glover in the equally unknown 52 Pick-Up, the best movie ever made from an Elmore Leonard suspense novel (far superior to Out of Sight or Get Shorty IMO; somewhat better than Jackie Brown).
Old 08-17-01, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by movielib
I liked the show too.

That devil was played by the brilliant but still fairly unknown John Glover. If you want to see one of the best movie villain performances of all time, see Glover in the equally unknown 52 Pick-Up, the best movie ever made from an Elmore Leonard suspense novel (far superior to Out of Sight or Get Shorty IMO; somewhat better than Jackie Brown).
As a theater geek, I've been a fan of Glover's work for many years--you may know he's one of the most respected B'way/stage actors of the past 15 years or so... I wouldn't say he's unknown to most people, since he's played plenty of TV and film, but they probably don't know his name, or have any idea just how good he is... For acting chops, check him out in the flim version of Love! Valour! Compassion! playing twins...

One of my most treasured old VHS tapes (gasp!) is his masterful performance as the lead in Ibsen's An Enemy of the People...