TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Mutant X on WGN

Old 08-13-01, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mutant X on WGN

While watching the Sox game on WGN there was a commercial for a new show coming to WGN called Mutant X, or Mutants X, that looked like X-Men. Anyone know if it is based on the comic books, or is it a rip off of the comics?
Old 08-13-01, 12:56 PM

Mutant X along with X-men is a comic book made by Marvel Comics. 20th Century Fox was trying to stop the production of this show due to it being similar to X-men. Seems silly since both are seperate comic books made by the same company. Regardless, it should be similar to X-men in that it will deal with mutants. I'll check it out.
Old 08-13-01, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
It's somehow related to Marvel Comics, but I don't think it's based on an actual comic. I thought it was going to be similar to Generation X with some young mutants with problems & learning to use their powers. I saw a photo awhile ago that had the guy who played Lex Luthor on Lois & Clark. I know very little. I wonder if there will be any references to X-Men or any known characters.
Old 08-13-01, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Well this is just great...my so-called cable company (Classic Cable ) just yanked WGN from its lineup. Is this show exclusive to WGN or is it going to air in syndication?
Old 08-13-01, 10:16 PM

I have not heard anything about this until now, I guess I will have to watch WGN more often. Does anybody have a link or something with more information on the show?
Old 08-13-01, 10:19 PM

I'm pretty sure it's syndicated...I know I saw a commercial for it on either my local WB or UPN affiliate while flipping channels.
Old 08-15-01, 12:43 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Some info on Mutant X. This is all based on half-remembered new reports, so may not be completely accurate.

1. It was developed by Marvel Comics, but it is not really related to their X-Men comics line or the Mutant X comic book. From what I've heard, it's something like a cross between the X-Files and Roswell, with maybe a dash of X-Men thrown in.

2. Fox has a clause in their contract with Marvel giving them first right to develop any X-Men spin-offs. They sued over Mutant X and a court granted a temporary restraining order, which basically means the judge didn't think Fox's complaint was unbelievable on its face, but doesn't necessarily mean that Fox will win in the end.

3. The show will be syndicated; WGN will air the show, but a local station in your area may also buy rights to air the show.
Old 08-16-01, 12:16 PM

See this link for the whole story:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/eo/2001...e_alike_1.html
Old 08-18-01, 04:02 AM

Thanks for the replies. I found the official website for the show, go to www.mutantx.net