Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under Ep. 10

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-01, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Six Feet Under Ep. 10

Man another great episode, maybe the best yet. The new employee was hilarious, but I'm glad to see Frederico back. Some really interesting plot delopments, it's a shame that there are only two weeks left in the season. Hopefully it gets picked up for next year.
Old 08-06-01, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

HBO ordered another season before the series even started. That said, here's my thoughts on the recent episode:

Spoiler:
Sad to see Ileanna go, she was very funny. Didn't really expect for the mom to find out about David being gay right at the end, then maybe again I should have. At the end when Claire was at Gabe's mom's house and remembered the message it seemed to imply that Gabe was going to kill himself. However, the previews seem to show otherwise.
Old 08-06-01, 02:17 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Is nate auditioning for An American Werewolf in LA?

the sideburns are getting out of control.

I missed the very end of the episode, anyone want to
tell me teh last 5 mins. I will tape it later. just wanna know.
Old 08-06-01, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
good episode, but the Billy/parents/Brenda thing is getting out of hand. they are taking up too much of the episodes for being non-central characters. I was glad to see frederico coming back.
Old 08-06-01, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The character development in 6FU is pretty damn good. I'm amazed at how much stuff they can throw in one hour.

Ileana Douglas's walk-on part was meaty, and within the course of an hour, showed many sides of her (the talky/nosey/sexually free side as well as the non-accountable side - breaking Ruth's glasses). Her main contribution is letting Ruth know that David is gay. Up until now, David's sexual orientation for Ruth has never been cemented in her mind. But now, she knows.

I knew by the end of the hour everyone would get a gander at Billy shot of Nathan's "Man pees on wall" photo.

Billy may be the one who causes even more havoc by the season finale. They've set him up to be totally unstable, though I can see Brenda getting drawn into the fray.

Nate finally makes a commitment to Brenda, and it's done with such subtle touch, in an ordinary, but caring situation, not in the throes of passion.

David's daydreams are becoming on par with Brian Benben's in "Dream on".

What is with that church volunteer groupie chick?

Claire is just attracted to trouble. Nate made some cogent observations with Claire and how she's dealing with their father's passing. That Dimes kid is also trouble.

Ruth's date with Nikolai was treading on Soprano territory, but it was fun to watch Ruth extricate herself from that confrontation with that other woman in the lady's room.

And I knew the Fisher boys would be grovelling to get Frederico back.

Oh, and I loved the opening death scene, that was funny.

Yet another fine episode, and Kathy Bates did well on the directing duties.
Old 08-06-01, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Decent episode Kathy Bates did a nice job directing I think
her 2nd episode.
Ileana Douglas's character was written for one episode and I could tell this right away (still highly entertaining performance from her, she is great)
I was liking Gabe and was sad to see him go at the end of this episode ( I think)
The writers really do manage to share the wealth among the characters, although this one seemed a little Billy heavy.
David's character is a big step for tv in general and he develops every week in very interesting ways.
I could write more but I will save it for next week.
Was it just me or did the "F" word get said like every sentance in this episode?
Old 08-06-01, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I think this show is doing one of the most difficult dives since the "Triple Lindy"...

The Reverse Jump-The-Shark

In my opinion, it's gotten consistently better with every episode. Every character is a keeper (God help me, I'm even starting to like the sister!).

I used to shake my head when others compared it favorably with The Sopranos. Now I'm starting to see their point.
Old 08-06-01, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought it was weak until the last 20 minutes. Too much Brenda & Billy. They are far less interesting than everyone else. I too think that Claire's man killed himself, seemed that way.

And I called it before the show that Mrs. Fisher would find out about David. Said to my roommates, "Bet you anything she finds out tonight." Unfortunately there wasn't a bet, but I was proud of myself.
Old 08-06-01, 04:59 PM

David's become a man-whore.
He almost raped the black guy.
Old 08-06-01, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by roberthalton
Is nate auditioning for An American Werewolf in LA?

the sideburns are getting out of control.

I missed the very end of the episode, anyone want to
tell me teh last 5 mins. I will tape it later. just wanna know.

The crazy 5 inch hair spikes are no picnic either!
Old 08-07-01, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought the guy who played the "semen donor" to that little boy who shot himself was the same guy who was in the last episode of ER last season, the guy who went berserk hunting down Mark Greene adn his loved ones.
Old 08-08-01, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another awesome episode... I keep expecting it to get boring, and the Brenda / Billy stuff is starting to get on my nerves a little, but it's still by far the best show on tv right now (with Sopranos of hiatus, of course )

Quick thoughts on tonight's episode:

- opening scene climax - maybe the hardest "instant laugh" I've had in years. Absolutely brilliant camera work at the end.

- after the conversation initiated by Nate about dating around the table, for the first time I knew that mom was about to find out... and I also guessed that it would be Ileana who spilled the beans. I wish I got a prize.

- I also had major premonitions of Gabe killing himself early in the episode, but the ending truly shocked me - just gave me one of those rushes that only come from incredible moments in film or tv - but based on the preview of next week's episode, I really doubt he did it

- as for big shockers in the finale, I'm prepared for mom completely losing it over David being gay... I mean completely losing it - as in banishing him, or moving out, or something. You hope for her character that she comes out (weird choice of words) as being fine with it, but I just don't see that happening. And I see this as the "shocker" that will truly surprise people (as opposed to Billy going off the deep end like they seem to be endlessly setting up)

Anyways, just my thoughts... it ain't no Sopranos, but I do love this show!
Old 08-08-01, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A very good episode. The beginning was very funny, but I could see it coming.

I agree the Billy thing is becoming tiresome, but at least we had some development this episode, with revealing photos (Nate taking a whiz, great running gag) and his freakout at his parent's home.

I'm looking forward to the last couple of episodes.
Old 08-11-01, 10:32 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Finally got around to seeing this episode. It was really good (no surprise there of course). I thought David's imagination sequences were hilarious. I too am really looking forward to the remaining few episodes.
Old 08-12-01, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
This week's episode continued the pattern for me of a great episode every other week - with the others merely being very good. (I thought this was a great one.)

Anyone know if the last episode is going to be double sized or are they just going to run the last 2 episodes back to back?