Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six feet under ep 9 (spoiler*)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-01, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Six feet under ep 9 (spoiler*)

Well I am speechless, good thing I have a keyboard.

If this show gets any better then the entire bar for televsionn writing is going to be raised permanently.

My favorite episode yet------heres why

Loved the Ed Begley car reference (electric car heheh)

Also loved the dialogue between Billy, Nate, Brenda about the death of the six year old.

I was wondering why Brenda had Nate faking at all those funeral homes and it became clear after the second one.
She intended to prove to him his worth in the business after failing the exam.

Then the rest of the episode just proceeded to bowl me over.
Incredible dialogue with exceptional acting .
I can't ask for more
Sopranos suck my left peanut sized one.

Last edited by Apocrypha; 07-29-01 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-29-01, 10:02 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Hah, beet me to it.

I too loved this episode. The electric car reference really capped it off for me. This show continues to amaze me week after week. The saddest part of my Sunday is when the show is over. Oh well, at least I get a burst of excitement when the previews for the following week's episode soon follow.

It was also nice to see Matt McCoy as the slick, fast-talking funeral director. He hasn't acted so good since Police Academy 4.
Old 07-29-01, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was eating something and almost spit it out when that bitter guy was looking to buy some flowers for his cheating girlfriend and Mom ask what he'd like to say on the card, and he blurted, "F-You, C###!" and Mom, without skipping a beat just said something like, "Well, I think you should fill out the card yourself for a more personal touch." LOL!

Also, when Brenda started barking in the car, LOL!

And then Mom getting that hit of exstacy in the woods. LOL!
Old 07-30-01, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
what a good episode. i really liked the whole ecstacy sub-plot. the mom's hallucination was fantastic. the whole kid sub-plot was very sad, though. interesting how they brought back the "toes" guy with this part of the story. That thing that Brenda did at the funeral home with the cancer was also very messed up. Overall, not the best episode, but very good.

Next week looks good, with another Billy breakdown.
Old 07-30-01, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next week!

I am so excited that Illeana Douglas will be on next week's episode. I love her!

I hope she will be a new cast regular!
Old 07-30-01, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When's this show on? What channel? What time?
Old 07-30-01, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
HBO, Sunday Night at 9:30 right after Sex and the City
Old 07-30-01, 06:21 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I much prefer to not watch what is coming up next week, and then enjoy it all in full when it comes on total surprises etc.

I don't need to be spoonfed the next episode. Same reason I guess I do not read movie reviews before I go see them.

Back to the episode at hand.
The brother totally annoy's me, If I were Nate I would just take him out back and smack the bejesus out of him. People like that I have no time for. If you can't be normal or semi-normal without trying to make everyone's life a misery, then do us all a favour and move to the desert.

It was cool of Brenda to go with Nate to the other homes, and some of the people were downright bad at handling the grief thing. I had no problem with her doing the cancer thing, as I am aware that everyone dies..

Can someone else answer something for me, I thought that the 1st person you see in the episode is the person who ends up dead, which would not be the case with toeboy.

the scenes with david in the club were interesting, not ever having been to a gay club, I can't say if it was realistic, it was interesting tho to see the guy try and get him into a 3some.
I wonder if that is the end of the square dancing.

Mom needs to lose ed begley and hook up with nikolai, who is a fun character...
Old 07-30-01, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by sherm42
HBO, Sunday Night at 9:30 right after Sex and the City
Damnit,I should get HBO..
Old 07-30-01, 09:46 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Next week!

Originally posted by Jadzia
I am so excited that Illeana Douglas will be on next week's episode. I love her!
I too am looking forward to seeing her she is great. She was awesome in the FOX sitcom Action with Jay Mohr.
Old 07-30-01, 11:58 PM
GAM

This series kicks all kinds of ass, I must say. Lauren Ambrose is now my girlfriend, y'all. Ed Begley just grosses me out, I much prefer that Nikoli guy (probably not the way you spell it). Nate needs to run for his life. Brenda's **** is just not good for him. David was funny as usual. This series just gets better every week. I'm done.
Old 07-31-01, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by roberthalton

Can someone else answer something for me, I thought that the 1st person you see in the episode is the person who ends up dead, which would not be the case with toeboy.

I think this is usually the case, but in the 6th episode, "The Room", if I remember right, it starts on the old man getting out of bed and talking to his wife, then the camera pans over to his wife, who has died in her sleep. So, not every time.

Episode 9
This show does get better and better. I laughed so hard at the guy ordering yellow roses (F-you C**t) and Ruth deadpans that it would be more personal if he wrote it himself. Simply hilarious!

Brenda just gets more mysterious as the show progresses.

David is getting looser and more accepting of who he is (at least it seems so).

Can't wait for the next episode. I too, am a fan of Ileana Douglas.
Old 07-31-01, 11:53 AM

I saw the sister at work last week, she's a lot taller and better looking in person. She still has that intense look in her eyes that she has on TV, it's like she's trying to burn a hole through you.
Old 07-31-01, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mee2
I saw the sister at work last week, she's a lot taller and better looking in person. She still has that intense look in her eyes that she has on TV, it's like she's trying to burn a hole through you.
Are you talking about Lauren Ambrose? Where do you work and what was she doing there?
Old 07-31-01, 03:38 PM

Yes i saw Lauren. I work at the Disney studio, and i'm assuming she was coming for an audition, however i think Disney has something to do with the show.
She looked hot as hell with her hair up.
I also saw the kid from The Sixth Sense(man his name escapes me right now), you don't know how bad i wanted to say that infamous "line", you know the one.

BTW, shhhh don't tell anyone mmmkay?

Last edited by mee2; 07-31-01 at 03:41 PM.