Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under ep. #6 [spoilers]

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-01, 09:36 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Six Feet Under ep. #6 [spoilers]

Well, what'd y'all think? I thought it was yet another good episode. I felt this one was more character-driven than some previous episodes. David is unhappy with his life, Nate does not want to live an anonymous life like his father, and the mother (I forgot her name) looks to be coming out of her shell since her husband died. Can't wait for next week's episode. See you all then...
Old 07-08-01, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent episode. Ossie Davis ( I hope I spelled his name right ) gave a great performance. After watching the first episode of this show I really didn't think I was going to like it. I gave it another chance and I am so glad I did. This show gets better and better each week. I hope it comes back for another season. The acting is really amazing.

Clint
Old 07-09-01, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Ossie Davis was friggin' hilarious as the old coot. I loved especially what he said to the mother about her shirt. Overall, it was a great episode. I just love how there are so many different angles that can be explored with this show.
Old 07-09-01, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I couldn't agree more about Ossie - absolutely hilarious. I hope they continue with more interesting guest stars in sideplots like Ossie's.

And even though I half hazzardly saw it coming, the moment that the lady pulled the bag of pot out was classic!
Old 07-09-01, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While I do love Ossie Davis, someone should probably let Bill Cobbs know that his impressive film and television career has gone unnoticed.

das
Old 07-09-01, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My favorite part of last night's episode was when Nate was imagining what his Dad used to do in that room and he saw him shooting people from the window with a sniper's rifle.

That was too funny!
Old 07-09-01, 10:30 AM

Originally posted by Rocky_Raccoon
I hope it comes back for another season. The acting is really amazing.

Clint
HBO already picked up the option for another season. I agree with all of you. This show is a bright spot in the early summer, when everything else on TV is either boring, reruns, or REAL(BAD) TV. Oh and don't get me started on the game shows either. Sunday is the only night I even watch TV now(Sex and the City and 6 Feet Under).
Old 07-09-01, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I enjoyed last night's show. I liked the idea of the father having a place to escape to, as well as the pictures of the mother and the circumstances around them.

I am also glad Dave went through with hooking up with that guy. It's good to see him letting loose just a little bit, being a bit more selfish. He needs it.

I think my least favorite character is Brenda, it seems like for someone who is supposedly an astonishing genius, she could be a bit more perceptive and say more intelligent things.
Old 07-09-01, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Yancey

I think my least favorite character is Brenda, it seems like for someone who is supposedly an astonishing genius, she could be a bit more perceptive and say more intelligent things.
Heh ... don't know many geniuses do you?

das
Old 07-09-01, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey
While I do love Ossie Davis, someone should probably let Bill Cobbs know that his impressive film and television career has gone unnoticed.

das
Thank you!
Old 07-11-01, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
My favorite part of last night's episode was when Nate was imagining what his Dad used to do in that room and he saw him shooting people from the window with a sniper's rifle.

That was too funny!
My Fav. Too!!!
Old 07-11-01, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I just finished watching it. For some reason I felt like I hadn't seen the show in a long time & it took me a few minutes to get into this one. It was well worth sticking with. Very rewarding. I think this episode may have hit me more emotionally than the others. Pretty easy to guess what was coming next, but still excellent. I will seriously consider a purchase if it ever comes to DVD. In fact, I would probably drop HBO & just buy the boxsets if I knew they were coming.
Old 07-12-01, 10:41 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by Yancey

On the other hand I think Brenda is my fave character in the show, I mean she makes it somewhat ineresting you never now what she is going to do.

I think Claire sure needs to do some growing up, and I have no clue how david ended up being Gay with the sheltered life he led up to this point.

This weeks show I was pretty much waiting for Brenda to come into the scenes, I was pleased that she was nice to Claire as her brother is a bit of a shnivelling snot...

I am enjoying it after each episode I am quite satisfied with the show, I breath out and say that was good...
Old 07-14-01, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ok .. i was confused as usual .. that is what i like about the show .. is this guy REALLY brenda's son AND brother ??

what is his problem ? he likes collecting pics of him grabbing girl's boobs ?

weird weird weird
Old 07-14-01, 09:06 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
From what I understand he is her brother, I think she introduced him as such in ep#5 or actually he did, she just walked away.
Old 07-14-01, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

but he did this "she is my sister (slap) my mother (slap)" skit .. and it seems from those interview tapes that she was raped as a kid ? well .. don't know .. everyone seems to be very screwed up ... so .. that would not surprise me that much