Sponge Bob Square Pants!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sponge Bob Square Pants!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-01, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best non prime time 'toon on television!
Old 07-06-01, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don"t know about best. Best for kids! I do enjoy it though.
Old 07-06-01, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show really irks me. WHY in the world did they make an underwater themed show then totally ignore the fact that they're underwater unless it's convenient? I know it's just a cartoon, but it goes hand in hand with the quality of animation coming out of Nickelodeon these days (and most of the mess Cartoon Network does).

I mean, they're underwater and he's cooking on a stove... I can almost accept that. But then they're setting things on fire, blowing bubbles with soap and wands, stuff is smoking, people are falling to their deaths instead of swimming to keep from plumetting to the ocean floor, shooting off fireworks... I've actually seen them mopping and making the floor wet with puddles while underwater! I mean, come on... at least TRY a little. It's laziness like this that is making cartoons as horrible as they are today.

This could have been a good show with plenty of in-jokes based on the underwater thing if they hadn't chosen to so conveniently ignore it.

~Scheherazade
Old 07-06-01, 03:55 PM

I heard The Abyss is a good underwater film.
Old 07-07-01, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This show has some of the best writing on television. You just know they are getting no network notes. So many great little things are slipped in all the time. It's brilliant.
Old 07-23-01, 07:34 PM

what an upset
I thought this post was going to say the sponge bob square pants box set is coming soon with the official release date
oh dar n

and yes mee2 I absolutely agree with you!
Old 07-23-01, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just picked up a Sponge Bob Square Pants t-shirt from Target yesterday, damn I like that show.
Old 07-24-01, 01:28 AM

I have two SB shirts, and just bought a doll with removable pants that reveal his BVD's.
Everyone at the office get's a kick outta that.
Old 07-25-01, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by Scheherazade
This show really irks me. WHY in the world did they make an underwater themed show then totally ignore the fact that they're underwater unless it's convenient? I know it's just a cartoon, but it goes hand in hand with the quality of animation coming out of Nickelodeon these days (and most of the mess Cartoon Network does).

I mean, they're underwater and he's cooking on a stove... I can almost accept that. But then they're setting things on fire, blowing bubbles with soap and wands, stuff is smoking, people are falling to their deaths instead of swimming to keep from plumetting to the ocean floor, shooting off fireworks... I've actually seen them mopping and making the floor wet with puddles while underwater! I mean, come on... at least TRY a little. It's laziness like this that is making cartoons as horrible as they are today.

This could have been a good show with plenty of in-jokes based on the underwater thing if they hadn't chosen to so conveniently ignore it.

~Scheherazade
Don't you get it? It's a joke! The whole thing is funny. For instance they point this out in one episode where Spongebob and Patrick try to build a fire underwater and when they get done one of them is like "How can a fire be underwater???" and then it imediately goes out.

They aren't just "not trying". Sandy lives in a big bubble and spongebob has to put on a suite to go in her bubble. It's awesome! Plus the goofy stuff like the bikes with the pedals and the boats as cars is just friggin' great.

"BRING IT AROUNDDDDD TOWNNNNN"
Old 07-25-01, 04:09 PM
Cool New Member

i never watch this show, because the first time i watched the show, i thought it was boring and lame. maybe i'll give it a second chance. i really don't like any show on Nickelodeon......maybe not "Hey Arnold".
Old 07-25-01, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's better than a Mentos commercial. And twice as refreshing.
Old 07-26-01, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 07-27-01, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

never seen it. what kind of humor is it?
Old 07-27-01, 11:47 AM

Irrelevant humor, kinda like Ren&Stimpy but not as gross.
A lot of inside gags that only grown ups will "get".