Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Homicide rerun on CourtTV from the beginning starting tonight

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-01, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I just read in a post by Jnuke in another thread that Court TV is re-airing Homicide: Life on the Street from the beginning starting tonight at 11 (Eastern). This is one of the best shows ever and it never got the attention it deserved. I encourage everyone to check it out.
Old 06-25-01, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up - I really loved this show when it was on, and I always had the feeling I was the only one watching - especially when I would see it at the bottom of the ratings. Once the show started to focus on Frank and Bayliss (sp?) then it really got good.
Old 06-25-01, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
This was the best show on television EVER.

I've been fortunate enough to see every episode. And while it slipped a little in quality when Andre Braugher left, it was still one of the best shows there ever was.

They relesed the Homicide TV movie that wraped things up; do you think they'll release the show in season by season box sets?
Old 06-26-01, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by slop101
This was the best show on television EVER

They relesed the Homicide TV movie that wraped things up; do you think they'll release the show in season by season box sets?
Unfortunately, it's a little hard to imagine them taking a chance on box sets when the ratings were never that strong.

I managed to tape all the episodes over a couple years, but it sure would be tempting to have them all uncut and commercial free. Most of my run is from the repeats on the Lifetime network, and they snipped scenes pretty severely to run more ads, so occasionally on CourtTV now I'll see some great moments I've never seen before. But CourtTV makes cuts, too, I believe, just in different places. At least they're showing the episodes in the correct order, which NBC couldn't even be trusted to do when they were first aired.