TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friday Prime

Old 06-22-01, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

OK, so I know I'm not the only one who thinks The Invisible Man kicks ass. I thought this show was silly when it first premiered, but it's blossomed into the ultimate buddy cop show. They do a decent job telling a Sci-Fi story and an incredible job making it enjoyable. I love this show and its seemingly endless wit. Tonight's episode was especially enjoyable. I nearly exploded when Fox started his trademark intro while telling the story to the shrink.

I also really enjoyed Farscape. I've never found this show to be the "best thing ever created by mankind" that it's been hyped as, but I love the characters and almost always enjoy the episodes. I surprised to see how well tonight's episode was done. When promoted as "written by Ben Browder" I was skeptical, but I think it was a great episode. I was pissed when these shows went to re-runs for most of the Spring, but I'm glad we have new episodes all summer long.

Time for The Outer Limits ... please stand by.

das
Old 06-26-01, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

*sniffle* Am I the only one?

das
Old 06-26-01, 05:22 PM

My TiVo picks up Invis Man every Friday evening, one of the few "must see" shows I think for weekend viewing.

Old 06-26-01, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree that the first two hours of Friday Prime are among the most fun TV hours in the week... I don't watch Outer Limits unless there's a guest star I can't miss--I find the stories kinda flat and predictable...

I've been a die-hard Farscape nut since ep1. I've had my ups and downs with Invisible Man, but I like it a lot these days...
Old 06-27-01, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Thank God ... I knew that show kicked ass. Farscape gets tons of press, but everyone seems to poop on The Invisible Man. I agree that The Outer Limits is stale and predictable. I wish it were better, because I like the anthology formula, but it's just not working for them anymore. Those first two hours, though, are some of the most fun I have watching TV all week.

das