http://www.vh1.com/insidevh1/shows/m...hysteria.jhtml

ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL as Mutt Lange

RICK SAVAGE played by Adam MacDonald
STEVE CLARK played by Karl Geary
JOE ELLIOTT played by Orlando Seale
PETE WILLIS played by ?????
RICK ALLEN played by Tat Whalley
PHIL COLLEN played by Esteban Powell

Details on http://www.vh1.com/insidevh1/shows/m...hysteria.jhtml AND http://www.defleppard.com

Last edited by GuessWho; 07-14-01 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-02-01, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by GuessWho Plus A.M. HALL as Mutt Lange

Should be pretty good movie. Do you wanna get rocked?
Old 06-06-01, 01:14 PM

Wow! I am all over this one.
Old 06-29-01, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

VH-1 has a page full of info, INCLUDING A TRAILER!

http://www.vh1.com/insidevh1/shows/m...hysteria.jhtml

Old 07-02-01, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I am kinda looking forward to this. I hope it doesn't suck. And if it doesn't suck, I hope they put it out on DVD.

-Steve
Old 07-14-01, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

bump for new graphic in 1st post
Old 07-14-01, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by tictacboy ...I hope they put it out on DVD. -Steve
I hope how soon the original Def Leppard stuff comes to DVD!
That first pick would be perfect for the cover - minus the date if they do put this movie out on DVD.
Old 07-15-01, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
I hear the drummer gives it one thumb up.
Old 07-15-01, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Fielding Mellish I hear the drummer gives it one thumb up.
He might give you one finger up for saying that!
Old 07-15-01, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos

Last edited by Fielding Mellish; 07-15-01 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-18-01, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-01, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you miss it tonight...

...here are some additional airtimes (all Eastern)

7/18/01 - 9:00pm VH1
7/18/01 - 11:00pm VH1
7/19/01 - 6:00pm VH1
7/21/01 - 10:00pm VH1
7/22/01 - 2:00pm VH1
Old 07-18-01, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

a review from def Leppard's tour manager immediately after watching with singer Joe Elliott:

Hiya Folks,
...and especially all the Lepsters in the USA: you will be looking forward to the Def Leppard VH1 movie that is due to air tonight (tonight being Wednesday July 18). It is late evening on the 17th here in Dublin. I have just watched a not completed cut of the film at Joe's Garage, and if what I saw is anything to go by, then you are all in for a great treat.

I wasn't really looking forward to sitting through it, because I am slightly cynical when it comes to "TV movies". I thought I would be cringing at the inaccuracy of it all. I must say this, it captured me from the start and immediately got me interested. Watch out for the Sav character, the moves are so authentic it's scary. Steve Clark is a guy that I know inside out, and I was convinced that they would make a hash of his part - but his character just gets better and better, especially towards the end. At the beginning I noticed that his guitar strap was a little short, but as Joe pionted out to me, "that was before your time, Malvin" and the strap did get longer as the movie progressed (I will never live down the fact that I could not tune his guitar with the strap at his length; I had to lay it down on top of my case in order to reach the tuning pegs. Picture this if you can: he at six feet plus and the longest arms in rock'n'roll..... And me, the shortest guitar tech in the world)!

Anyway..... the film lasts for 90 minutes (ex. commercials), but it goes by in a flash. As the story unfolded, I couldn't help thinking of certain events that would have made it even more dramatic. I will never forget the night that I met Rick Allen at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, six weeks after the accident. I remember it was my first glimpse of Rick since he had lost his arm, and I watched him wait for his luggage from the meeting point through a huge glass plate window that looked into the carousels. It epitomized to me the meaning of the cliche "Death Warmed Up". I know that he will forgive me for using this description because he was kind of feeling that way. He was so glad to see me, that he almost fainted in my arms. Once we were in the car, he became animated, telling me about his new ideas. As he told me about his plan, I had to hide my tears, sitting next to this young chap so soon after his awful experience. I took him to his room at the hotel and left him, so that I could carry out his request by getting some drums from the studio at Wisseloord in Hilversum; "Oh Mal, by the way..... I only need ONE drumstick," he called after me as I reluctantly left him alone. I arranged for a small meeting room to be opened for us and set up a kick drum and a snare drum with a blanket covering them to dampen the sound. He was exhausted before he started and he only lasted for about 15 minutes..... But in that short time, he had been able to put his theory into a simple and basic reality.

But I digress..... sorry.

During the movie, Joe and I were reminded of so many moments and events (that also might not have been included in the film), that we had to make our exchanges quickly so that we wouldn't miss any of the script. There WERE some discrepancies, but we could not be critical of this production as it continued to take such a grip on us.

SO..... Enjoy and celebrate the thing for what it is, try to imagine the difficulties involved in putting something like this together.

Well done VH1!

P.S. Viv and Phil arrive here tomorrow evening, so you will possibly have seen it before they do. The weather in Dublin recently has been amazing. Until I arrived yesterday. It's been raining ever since.

P.P.S. I visited Sav today, he was just putting Tyler down for his afternoon nap. Tyler has grown a little since I last saw him last year. Sav says hi to you all - in fact, he lifted his bangs up with both hands and scanned the horizon..... (AND..... I do believe that the top button on his jeans was undone).

Shout out loud.

MALVIN
Old 07-18-01, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just watched it and I also thought it was well done. Now, maybe we can get the original guys on DVD!
Old 07-19-01, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm no DL fan, but I must say, I enjoyed the film. They certainly had their fair share of crap to go thru. Well done movie, especially for a TV one. Check it out if you get the opportunity.
Old 07-19-01, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Although I am a huge fan of DL..and I thought the movie was accurate....

It didnt have enough detail. It shoudl have been a 4 hour, 2 parter...at least.

They just touched on everything superficially.

Just my .02