Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tonight's SmackDown (spoiler)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-01, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tonight Austin and Benoit have a rematch that goes almost 25 minutes! Here is a brief clip from the match description:

Austin then drags Benoit into the ring and puts him in the Walls of Jericho! He then modifies it by putting his knee on Benoit's face and pulling back. Benoit breaks it, but Austin does it again. Then comes the most amazing portion of the match: Benoit grabs Austin and does a german suplex. He picks him up and does it again. And then a third time. And then a FOURTH time! And the crowd is cheering madly and Benoit picks Austin up for a SIXTH German suplex. And then a SEVENTH German suplex. And then EIGHT. And then NINE! And finally, the TENTH German suplex on Austin sends Vince to get a chair and throw it in the ring. Benoit grabs the chair and delivers one, two, three, four, five, six, SEVEN chairshots to Vince McMahon, who is lying prone in the ring.

I'm ready now!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-01, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An EXCELLENT main event...and a good all around show..the WWF shows are always better when they are in Canada because the fans appreciate it.
Old 06-01-01, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm interested to see how they get the feud back to Austin and Jericho considering

The last two main events have been "slobberknockers" between Austin and Benoit, and Jericho didn't even do a run-in last night

It took Shane AND Spike interfering to allow Jericho to beat Angle. Not quite championship timbre?

I know it won't be Austin/Benoit at KOTR (since they wouldn't put them on twice then expect us to pay for it two weeks later). I just don't see how they put the focus back on Jericho.
Old 06-01-01, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
I suspect at the KOTR, it will be a triple threat match with Benoit, Jericho and Austin. It prolly was going to be a fatal four way before HHH went down.