Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sopranos 5/6

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-01, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thought last night was a decent espisode, it gives them several lead in for the last 2 shows. Question:
Spoiler:
Was anybody else wondering the entire last half of the show if the russian guy was going to appear next to one the van windows and try and wax paulie or chris? The whole lost in the forest thing cracked me up, those two were completely inept. I think that was the first time we've seen paulie lose his cool.

Dave
Old 05-07-01, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A decent episode? Last night's I firmly believe, as did my roommates and everyone at work, was the best Sopranos episode from all three seasons. Not too many plotlines, very funny dialogue and just very well written and directed (by Steve Buscemi). I could care less about "setting anything up" in future episodes if the individual ones are this good.
Old 05-07-01, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Originally posted by Yancey
A decent episode? Last night's I firmly believe, as did my roommates and everyone at work, was the best Sopranos episode from all three seasons. Not too many plotlines, very funny dialogue and just very well written and directed (by Steve Buscemi). I could care less about "setting anything up" in future episodes if the individual ones are this good.

I agree! It was VERY FUNNY!

Spoiler:
I love how the Dr. asked Tony who these crazy women he gets involved with remind him of...obviously Livia. And Paulie, I like him but he's been acting up from the start of the season. Sniffing the girls panties...treating Chris like crap....
Old 05-07-01, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Paulie might get whacked (not by Tony's crew) but nonetheless, he's really in deep doo-doo with that Russian still out there...

Great episode!
Old 05-07-01, 10:53 PM

I agree with Yancey. I think this was THE BEST episode yet, and I've seen them all. I was cracking up at the dialogue between Paulie and Christopher.

Old 05-08-01, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Loved it... reminded me of what I loved about Season 1 -- the core characters talking about mundane things (ooh, ketchup packets) in a very non-mundane situation (a hit). Simply classic.

Where the Hell is the car???
Old 05-08-01, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts
I LOST MY SHOE!!!!!!

Old 05-08-01, 01:30 PM

The only problem with this episode is that it will make the final two seem far less in comparison. As GuessWho said, it was like the first season in that the focus was tight and it dealt with more everyday life situations (well, not really in this case, but you know what I mean). I don't enjoy the big, multi-plot line episodes as much as ones like this, or the one where Melfi was raped. I think sometimes Chase and the writers want to do too much to fulfill this idea of a "mob" show. I think when it is a show about a family whose patriarch just happens to be in the mob, it is stronger.
Old 05-08-01, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by Yancey
The only problem with this episode is that it will make the final two seem far less in comparison. As GuessWho said, it was like the first season in that the focus was tight and it dealt with more everyday life situations (well, not really in this case, but you know what I mean). I don't enjoy the big, multi-plot line episodes as much as ones like this, or the one where Melfi was raped. I think sometimes Chase and the writers want to do too much to fulfill this idea of a "mob" show. I think when it is a show about a family whose patriarch just happens to be in the mob, it is stronger.
I thought the one where Melfi was raped was one of the more interesting episodes this year. You had the struggle between her and her husband over the Italian mobster image and then you had her struggling with whether or not to take the easy way out and have Tony whack the guy fo her at the end. Very interesting episode with some good themes.

I think this season has been very good. Maybe not as good as the first season, but still far better than anything else on television right now. This past week's episode was damn funny and very entertaining. Easily one of the best ever, I agree wholeheartedly there.