Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor Finale was pre-taped!!!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor Finale was pre-taped!!!

Old 05-05-01, 01:40 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,527
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, maybe the show was live, but that sequence where they're watching the helicopter fly in and land - umm, it was 6:45 pm in LA and it was pitch black dark outside!!! Also, Jeff's shirt had 1 button undone as he walked into the stairwell. When he came on stage, there were 2 buttons undone. Sheesh, why couldn't they just do it live, for real??
Old 05-05-01, 08:07 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,009
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
are you east coast or west coast or inbetween? it was taped live for the east coast. the midwest and west coasters got the "taped" live version.
Old 05-05-01, 10:16 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Arch City
Posts: 8,210
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by hahn
Sheesh, why couldn't they just do it live, for real??
Um... this whole show is not as real as you think.

And there is no Santa Clause.

Sorry.


BTW - Deftones!!! WTF are you doing posting here!!???
Old 05-06-01, 01:43 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,437
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Deftones17
are you east coast or west coast or inbetween? it was taped live for the east coast. the midwest and west coasters got the "taped" live version.
You mean mountain instead of midwest? The midwest airs programs at the same actual time as the east coast (ie an hour earlier according to clock time).
Old 05-06-01, 03:42 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 5,949
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Deftones17
are you east coast or west coast or inbetween? it was taped live for the east coast. the midwest and west coasters got the "taped" live version.
That really wouldn't matter it should still not have those mistakes if it was taped live.
Old 05-06-01, 04:05 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 6,241
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The helicopter landing at night bit was taped, and thats it, after he entered the building it was live.
Old 05-06-01, 05:50 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Cromwell, CT
Posts: 5,494
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by hahn
Well, maybe the show was live, but that sequence where they're watching the helicopter fly in and land - umm, it was 6:45 pm in LA and it was pitch black dark outside!!! Also, Jeff's shirt had 1 button undone as he walked into the stairwell. When he came on stage, there were 2 buttons undone. Sheesh, why couldn't they just do it live, for real??
Does anyone else find it strange how Jeff magically pulls the votes out in the same order every time? First some gets a quick two or three votes to make you think they're gone. Then it turns around at the end. It almost always came down to the last vote.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.