TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tour of Duty

Old 04-15-01, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone watch it on TNT at 4pm?
Great show
Old 04-15-01, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually watched every episode as they originally aired back in the late eighties and began taping all of them....would love a dvd box set!!! They filmed this series in Hawaii as locations there are very similar to locations in Vietnam....This is a GREAT show which did not receive the attention it should have received. I believe it ran for three years then was cancelled but those were a very good three years. This show was running around the same time that China Beach(which I never watched)and also another series based on this war which I cannot remember...

Great cast.....Terrence Knox was excellent in his role as Zeke Anderson!!!

[Edited by djones6746 on 04-15-01 at 06:25 AM]
Old 04-15-01, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
I remember it from the orignial airing as well. I forgot to start taping it when TNT got back to the first episode (they've been running it a couple times through already) but I'm gonna start taping it on monday. Hopefully TNT will show the entire series at least one more time so I can get all the episodes, like I'm doing for Babylon 5 and Crusade on Sci-Fi

Originally posted by djones6746
I actually watched every episode as they originally aired back in the late eighties and began taping all of them....would love a dvd box set!!! They filmed this series in Hawaii as locations there are very similar to locations in Vietnam....This is a GREAT show which did not receive the attention it should have received. I believe it ran for three years then was cancelled but those were a very good three years. This show was running around the same time that China Beach(which I never watched)and also another series based on this war which I cannot remember...

Great cast.....Terrence Knox was excellent in his role as Zeke Anderson!!!

[Edited by djones6746 on 04-15-01 at 06:25 AM]
Old 04-15-01, 01:01 PM

Originally posted by mikehunt
[BI'm gonna start taping it on monday. Hopefully TNT will show the entire series at least one more time so I can get all the episodes, like I'm doing for Babylon 5 and Crusade on Sci-Fi
[/B]
Is it restarting on monday?
Old 04-15-01, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Great series. I didn't know they were showing it again. Thanks.
Old 04-15-01, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I loved watching that show. I think it used to air on CBS or something. WOW, that was the time when Platoon and Hamburger hill came out. I loved watching that show.
Old 04-15-01, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

I know some considered this other show more chick oriented, but I also feel that it was an excellent show too. China Beach.

I didn't want to miss any of them.

And Dana Delaney.... yummm
Old 04-15-01, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by thejammy
I loved watching that show. I think it used to air on CBS or something. WOW, that was the time when Platoon and Hamburger hill came out. I loved watching that show.

Another thing which makes watching my taped shows more fun is that all of these were taped back in the late eighties.....kinda funny to see some of the commercials which aired back then!!!
Old 04-16-01, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

not restarting, but I just forgot to start taping it earlier. It's a few episodes into season 2.

Originally posted by nemein
Originally posted by mikehunt
[BI'm gonna start taping it on monday. Hopefully TNT will show the entire series at least one more time so I can get all the episodes, like I'm doing for Babylon 5 and Crusade on Sci-Fi
Is it restarting on monday? [/B]
Old 04-16-01, 02:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too watched this show when it aired several years ago. I didn't know it was being aired by TNT...that's great news. Hopefully, they will run through the episodes again, so I can tape them too.
Old 04-18-01, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, I never watched this when originally aired, but I do watch it now. Especially since Okrah and Martha Stewperd Living is on at the same time.