Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Need some help with Google Contacts

Old 03-25-18, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Need some help with Google Contacts

I've been trying to organize my Google Contacts but somehow ended up with 2 contact links. If I delete contacts from one link, they also get deleted from link #2. However, if I add a contact to one link, it doesn't show up on the other. I basically just want one link for contacts but like I said if contacts are deleted from one link then they also delete on the other. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Old 03-27-18, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Need some help with Google Contacts

What do you mean two links? I see you have a group/label called "Contacts," under "My Contacts". Do you just want to remove that group?

If so, select the group on the left, then from the "More" button on the top, choose "Delete Group." You should get a pop-up like this:

As the pop-up says, it will delete the group, but the contacts in the group will not be deleted. They'll just be in "My Contacts" after, instead of also in the "Contacts" group.
Old 03-28-18, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Need some help with Google Contacts

Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
What do you mean two links? I see you have a group/label called "Contacts," under "My Contacts". Do you just want to remove that group?

If so, select the group on the left, then from the "More" button on the top, choose "Delete Group." You should get a pop-up like this:

As the pop-up says, it will delete the group, but the contacts in the group will not be deleted. They'll just be in "My Contacts" after, instead of also in the "Contacts" group.
Thanks that worked. When I say '2 links' I meant 2 links for contacts. They seem to be semi-linked. I have no idea why there's even 2 of them or why one has more contacts than the other.

Last edited by JZ1276; 03-28-18 at 10:19 PM.