Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Looking to get a new computer. Which do you think?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 03-01-16, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a very old Sony laptop and a work Surface Pro 2 and i need to gab myself a new machine for work and general use. I use my computers for a lot of office work, Photoshop and some design work, video editing and music/movie. I am on the move a lot, so an easily portable machine is a must.

I had a look this weekend at whats around at the moment and i like the look of the Surface Pro 4, the Surface Book and a couple of Lenovo (Yoga i think). Maybe even a Macbook Prob.

So which should i buy?
Old 03-01-16, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Looking to get a new computer. Which do you think?

Originally Posted by james2025a View Post
I have a very old Sony laptop and a work Surface Pro 2 and i need to gab myself a new machine for work and general use. I use my computers for a lot of office work, Photoshop and some design work, video editing and music/movie. I am on the move a lot, so an easily portable machine is a must.

I had a look this weekend at whats around at the moment and i like the look of the Surface Pro 4, the Surface Book and a couple of Lenovo (Yoga i think). Maybe even a Macbook Prob.

So which should i buy?
I would avoid the Surface Book until the 2nd or 3rd version. It's very nice and I like the thinking behind it but it's very buggy. By the third revision Microsoft usually get's the bugs worked out.