Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Will you be getting iWatch?

Old 04-28-15, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Will you be getting iWatch?

Originally Posted by HN View Post
haven't seen any real world shots yet of the sport w/ milanese band but you can get a close idea here:

http://mixyourwatch.com/
Good find. Hard to tell from images on a site but I guess it doesn't look too bad.

I'm still sticking with the sport band for sure but I was wondering if it would be viable to buy a leather one for more "formal" events.
Old 04-28-15, 10:53 AM
Banned by request

If you have a sport, I'd recommend getting a leather loop (if you can stomach spending $150 on a strap). On those, the leather goes all the way to the locking mechanism, so you won't have to worry about clashing metals. The blue leather loop will look nice paired with the silver watch, and the black looks awesome with the space grey. It looks so good that I almost want to order the black loop, but the price is too steep for my blood.
Old 04-28-15, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
If you have a sport, I'd recommend getting a leather loop (if you can stomach spending $150 on a strap). On those, the leather goes all the way to the locking mechanism, so you won't have to worry about clashing metals. The blue leather loop will look nice paired with the silver watch, and the black looks awesome with the space grey. It looks so good that I almost want to order the black loop, but the price is too steep for my blood.
Yeah I figured I'd wait to see what third party offerings come out. I have to imagine a much cheaper leather option will eventually surface.
Old 04-28-15, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There are a lot of "real life" photos over at MacRumors. There other day I was scrolling thru a thread w/SG Sport and about every band offered.

I agree, other than the plastic, I like the black and blue leather straps the best. The blue w/the SG sport watch I really like, but not sure $150 like.

That is the one problem w/the SG. Most every band is made for the silver. Even if you want a different plastic band, only the black as the dark metal pin. All the others are silver. Which may or may not bother you.

I'm reading a lot that the plastic sport band is a little tough to put on. But you kind of get use to it.

I may have a chance to spend a little more time trying them on tomorrow. I'm mildly stressed about sizing. I know it is totally personal, but I don't want to look like a dork either.
Old 04-28-15, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
I'm reading a lot that the plastic sport band is a little tough to put on. But you kind of get use to it.
I read in one review today that it is a little weird to put on but it's because the way the clasp was designed is that it doesn't get in the of anything you rest your wrist on like a traditional band. The reviewer specifically said that it's the first time he hasn't taken of a watch while typing on his Macbook for fear of scratching it. Sounds like a nice little thought by Apple if true.

I may have a chance to spend a little more time trying them on tomorrow. I'm mildly stressed about sizing. I know it is totally personal, but I don't want to look like a dork either.
I think all of us early adopters will look like dorks before/if these catch on a more broader scale.

I remember the first week the iPhone came out my buddy had one and I was excited playing around with it at a bar and people were kind of scoffing. Fast forward to today and it's rare to see anyone without their nose in a smart phone on my commute on the train. (totally not saying smart watches will equal the broad appeal of smart phones though)
Old 04-28-15, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There are a lot of "real life" photos over at MacRumors. There other day I was scrolling thru a thread w/SG Sport and about every band offered.

I agree, other than the plastic, I like the black and blue leather straps the best. The blue w/the SG sport watch I really like, but not sure $150 like.

That is the one problem w/the SG. Most every band is made for the silver. Even if you want a different plastic band, only the black as the dark metal pin. All the others are silver. Which may or may not bother you.

It is a pain in the ass to put on at first but it gets easier after you get used to it.
Old 04-28-15, 08:12 PM
Banned by request

Watches have been trending larger lately, so you'll probably be fine.
Old 04-28-15, 09:21 PM

I couldn't stand the sports band at first but after only a few days it's second nature.
Old 04-29-15, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Garmin' new watch and updates. Ability to change faces and widgets and apps. Sound familiar?

http://garmin.blogs.com/my_weblog/20...l#.VUAdu3A8KK0

Garmin stock has taken a hit as we have gotten closer to Apple Watch release.
Old 04-29-15, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

According to the article, the Apple Watch is going to be even in more limited supply as Apple have found a defect during production right now.

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/busin...on-report.html
Old 04-30-15, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finally had time to go to my local Apple Store and try on the watch. The 42mm fit me perfectly, and I loved the look and feel of the SG Sport. I'll be ordering one soon.
Old 04-30-15, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I have my CC set for purchase notification. I just got notice that Apple charged my CC. So hopefully that is a good sign that will get sooner than later.
Old 04-30-15, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have my CC set for purchase notification. I just got notice that Apple charged my CC. So hopefully that is a good sign that will get sooner than later.
They only charge your card once they are prepping for shipment so you should be good to go.
Old 04-30-15, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Garmin' new watch and updates. Ability to change faces and widgets and apps. Sound familiar?

http://garmin.blogs.com/my_weblog/20...l#.VUAdu3A8KK0

Garmin stock has taken a hit as we have gotten closer to Apple Watch release.
My Mom bought me this Garmin Vivosmart Activity tracker/Smartwatch for my birthday. I had to return it because it's impossible to read. Especially in daylight.

Old 04-30-15, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yup, order status changed to "preparing to ship". Still shows the dates of May 13-27
Old 04-30-15, 11:44 AM
Banned by request

Mine is still processing
Old 04-30-15, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got:
Delivers: May 29 - Jun 11 by Standard Shipping
Old 04-30-15, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well mine just says June. But I did just order a week ago.
Old 04-30-15, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ha! Just got shipping notification and arriving May 1, 2015 by Standard Shipping. #happydance

Only problem is, I won't be here tomorrow And no one will be home. I should be back tomorrow late in the afternoon/early evening. Tempted to pre-sign....but probably not a good idea...hugh. I assume if not home, UPS will try again on Saturday???
Old 04-30-15, 06:33 PM
Banned by request

You can choose to have it held for pickup at UPS, probably the safest thing to do.

But if not, they will try the next day, and I think that includes Saturdays.
Old 04-30-15, 06:33 PM
Banned by request

Also, I hate you.
Old 04-30-15, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
Also, I hate you.
Oh....I'll buy you a beer to make it up....but I'll have to put you on the calendar tomorrow on my Apple Watch
Old 04-30-15, 07:07 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I assume if not home, UPS will try again on Saturday???
I think UPS will deliver on Saturday only if it was shipped for Next Day or 2nd Day delivery.

I live near Dallas. Do you want me to pick it up... uh, for safekeeping?

Regardless of whether you ship or receive often, you should open an account with UPS. It is free, and allows you to view your shipments, and add/change delivery instructions - for example have them hold at a UPS office for pick-up, or hold for later delivery to your home.
Old 04-30-15, 07:21 PM
Banned by request

Oh....I'll buy you a beer to make it up....but I'll have to put you on the calendar tomorrow on my Apple Watch
Make it a scotch and you've got a deal!
Old 04-30-15, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I ordered my wife's and mine on the same day. 38mm for her and 42mm for me. We got hers yesterday. Still "processing" for mine. She really likes it and was surprised how light it was considering it was the steel version.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.