Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Yahoo Mail problem

Old 02-02-12, 10:13 PM

Yahoo Mail problem

A few months ago Yahoo mail started adding png image files at the bottom of my outgoing emails(I have them in the body of the email). I now have to manually delete them at the top of the page before I send the email out. I currently use Outlook email sending it through Yahoo. It's possible I did something to change my previous settings, but don't think so. Can anyone help me solve this problem as it's starting to drive me crazy? Thanks.
Old 02-03-12, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Yahoo Mail problem

Originally Posted by cobralar View Post
A few months ago Yahoo mail started adding png image files at the bottom of my outgoing emails(I have them in the body of the email). I now have to manually delete them at the top of the page before I send the email out.
What kind of images are they? If they added it at the bottom of the email, why are you deleting them at the top? How did they get from the bottom to the top?
Old 02-05-12, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
What kind of images are they? If they added it at the bottom of the email, why are you deleting them at the top? How did they get from the bottom to the top?
First of all, thanks for your response. I send out a blog to many friends twice weekly, and in it I include music videos and comics, etc. It is so large(5 to 7 MB), that I have to send it to myself from Outlook to my Yahoo mail and then send it out in 4 stages directly from Yahoo. These images show up at the bottom of the email as png image files, then when I forward it out they show up as attachment files under the attachments tab below the subject line. At that point I have to then hit a "remove all" button to get rid of them, which can sometimes take 2 or 3 attemps due to the number for files. As I said, this just started happening a couple of months ago. Neither of these had showed up before.
Old 02-06-12, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Have you checked your signature settings? Maybe Yahoo added something there? Could be also Yahoo changed things around due to the new email system version (2011 released) they using now.

Wish I could be more help. I've had many issues with yahoo in the past (and present).

I recently gave up on yahoo email (12 years user) and switched to gmail.