Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Is Litestep any good now?

Old 01-22-01, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I used it a long time ago, and it wasn't bad. I tried to use it again a shorter time ago, it was working like sh*t, but that was over a year ago. Do the latest versions work well? Please give me a URL for nice themes as well if you have any.

------------------
The 3rd warrior of the OTHER forum
Old 01-22-01, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk God

fun to play with so you can say you have something different then everyone else.. but thats about it
Old 01-22-01, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk God

as far as skins for litestep.. or any other program for that matter
try www.skinz.org

make sure you use a z, or you might get a surprise
Old 01-23-01, 01:30 AM

I also tried Litestep a year ago as well, but as soon as I used Explorer for managing my files, etc., I guess some of the advantages of using Litestep as a shell were gone as now I had a resident copy of Explorer as well.
Old 01-23-01, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I also used it for a while, but after a reinstall of windows I never got around to setting it up again. Didn't really miss it much. I tried a version a few months back, and it was less stable than before so I removed it. If they could make it stable, I would probably go back to it, as some of the customization available was pretty sweet.

Dave
Old 01-31-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
didn't feel like starting a new thread.
I'm using version 0.24.5 had it for a while. Hadn't used it in a long time but tonight I was bored and got it going again
last time I used it the only time I wouldn't use it was for some games that used the mouse and it would switch desktops like it does when not in a program. other than that it ran great. I got a cool little program that I made my shell in system.ini so that at boot I can pick between explorer or litestep

looks like the domains have recently changed hands or something. I remember for a while all my bookmarked litestep sites were down
www.litestep.net is working, but only has a limited number of add on modules
www.litestep.com is up, not sure what it has, haven't checked yet

Last edited by mikehunt; 02-01-04 at 01:07 AM.