Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have a Tech Support # for Asus?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Does anyone have a Tech Support # for Asus?

Old 01-11-01, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought an ASUS mobo and it's giving me a strange error at boot. Something about invalid CPUID. Anyway, I want to ask ASUS about it. I just switched from a PII350 to a Celeron II 600 which I o/ced to 900. I'm trying to figure this out but the place where I bought it from doesn't know squat. I looked on the asus website and there's no tech support no. for north america, only for asia/pacific and europe. What's up with that? Does anyone have a no. for them?
Old 01-11-01, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Only a FAX#-1-510-608-4555
email- [email protected]
Old 01-11-01, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what model motherboard and does it work clocked normally?
Old 01-11-01, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by 4KRG:
what model motherboard and does it work clocked normally?
<HR>

P3V4X

and it does work at 900 MHz, but it seems a bit unstable. Haven't really tried it at 600 MHz, o/ced it the moment I got it. But the problem is that at boot time before it lists all the stuff on the IDE slots, it says some error about a CPUID, I'll actually write it down sometime, and then asks me to press DEL to go into power settings through the BIOS or F1 to continue....
Old 01-11-01, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
quote:<HR>Originally posted by huzefa:
P3V4X

and it does work at 900 MHz, but it seems a bit unstable. Haven't really tried it at 600 MHz, o/ced it the moment I got it. But the problem is that at boot time before it lists all the stuff on the IDE slots, it says some error about a CPUID, I'll actually write it down sometime, and then asks me to press DEL to go into power settings through the BIOS or F1 to continue....
<HR>

Maybe I'm a dumbass, but I had that problem with my CUSL2...check the jumpers, my slave/master jumpers were mixed up and I got the exact same message. If that's not it, ignore this post, because I have no idea what the Hell I'm talking about!

Old 01-11-01, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.overclockers.com.au/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&f orum=Asus+P3V4X&number=7
this is a great overclocking website that is for your motherboard. they may be able to help. try backing the FSB down a bit and see if the message goes away. you may be pushing it too much. The only time i got that error was when i tried to go to 124 mhz FSB and it gave me that error and would not post(I have this motherboard also ). when i backed it down then the error went away.
do a search for a celeron and this error and see what you get. check your cooling also
good luck!
I am running A P3 800e only overclocked to 880 Mhz. using default fan and HS. I will need more cooling to post higher and maybe more voltage.
------------------
Other Bargains Coupon Pet Thread

[This message has been edited by gcribbs (edited January 11, 2001).]
Old 01-11-01, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

you will need bios version 1006.2 hopefully you are confortable flashing your bios.
http://www.netspace.net.au/%7Ejesse/...downloads.html
you can get it here from one of the moderators website at overclockers australia. this update should do away with the cpuid problem. the stability problem is more work

------------------
Other Bargains Coupon Pet Thread
Old 01-11-01, 04:31 PM
Buffetman

ASUS Tech support number is:
1 (510) 608-4555
Old 01-12-01, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

dvdsteve2000, I don't think the problem is with the master/slave jumpers, I check them very thoroughly.

gcribbs, I'm only doing what a lot of people have been doing for a long time, ie. o/cing a 66Mhz Celeron to a 100MHz Celeron. I don't even think of taking it up to 124 Mhz, even though I do have PC133 RAM in my mobo. But may the FSB is the problem, I will try it with a lower setting. Thanks for the links. I might need to read those links a little more before I flash the BIOS. I only did it once on my old BH6, so I'm not really comfortable.

hoss62, thanks for the phone #, but it is infact the same Fax # that dvdsteve2000 posted above in the thread. I wish somebody had an actual phone no. for them. I don't even care if it's not an 800#.
Old 01-13-01, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

by the way if the computer runs stable then some people report that the error message seems to have no effect on performance. I overclock my asus p3v4x but only a little... for now