Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

can anyone answer a question about my Windows Vista Home Basic Everex laptop?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 02-29-08, 10:09 AM

I tried using my laptop last week and it started up just fine, the fan turned on, the loading screen with the loading icon at the bottem of the page came on showing the laptop was booting up, but after like 30 seconds the bootup icon goes away like its supposed to and then it always goes to the page to enter a password then to the desktop screen, but for some reason it wont go from the bootup screen to the page to enter the password, it just stays on the bootup screen with it being blank.
does anyone know whats going on? and what needs to be done to fix this?

I really hope someone can help me out, cause im not the greatest person to fix computers and im hoping its something really easy to take care of.
Old 02-29-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not too familiar with Vista, but can you try to boot it up in safe mode? (Right after the option to enter setup by hitting F2 or F12 or whatever goes away you hit F8 and tell it to start in safe mode.) If it works then at least you can run a system restore or run antivirus to see if you've been infected.