Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Good Bluetooth headphones for use with phone?

Old 02-20-08, 12:30 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Good Bluetooth headphones for use with phone?

Does anyone here have any experience with Bluetooth headphones in use with a cell phone? I have a Motorola SLVR phone and it doubles as an mp3 player. I have several devices that play mp3s, but for overall convenience I'd like to be able to use my cell phone mp3 player to go walking/running, since I'll want my phone with me either way and that just means one less thing to tote around. I'd like something relatively inexpensive (under $100) and lightweight (as I am going to be using these for exercise purposes). I'm looking for stereo headphones and not just a typical bluetooth headset. I want something that is designed primarily for music to sound decent on, but I'd like them to have the basic bluetooth call features as well, if possible.

Anyone have any experience with this or any recommendations? I've seen several options, but I don't really have any experience in this and don't really know "what's good''. My other option is just to get the mini-usb to 3.55mm jack and use regular wired headphones, but then I have to worry about the damn cord, not to mention the interactivity option.
Old 02-20-08, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i've had the i.tech Clip R35 for about 3 years now. It's light and unobtrusive enough that i can wear it on a lanyard (i use one of those Phiten necklaces) for the whole day. i use it with my SE w580i and can take calls and make them (w/ voice dialling enabled on the phone, natch). The best part about it is that i can use any headphone that has a 3.5mm plug. i use it with the top of the HPM-70's (included with the phone) that has the right earbud cord wrap behind the neck - i think Sony's Fontopia headphones have the same type.

Unfortunately, the battery's not holding it's charge as long as it used to. If i can't find a replacement battery, i'm going to get Sony Ericsson's HBH-DS205 when it's available.
Old 02-21-08, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

if you're looking for something cheap that works try
cellphoneshop.com