Reload this Page >

Wall plug ethernet extender question.

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 08-03-07, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone ever used one of these things? Does it work alright or not? I just found out about them last night. And am curious,since if they work. It could solve all the network issues in the house and save alot of money. Though since it hogs and entire outlet. That may be a problem for the basement where the broadband modem and router is(along with my brothers HD tv,home theater system etc hogging all outlets),and will take some creativity to solve.

But anyway,I am curious about this thing. And am willing to give it a try,if it works and I can find away to plug one in down the basement near the router and everything.

http://www.amazon.com/XE102G-Wall-pl.../dp/B000ERAIQ0

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...tup/wired.mspx
Old 08-03-07, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I havent used them myself.. but that was because my wireless pretty much covered the area, and i was too cheap to by them

but i have friends that have.. and they swear by them.. our old ceo had a few of these around his his.. one in the basement, where the ceiling didnt allow a good wireless signal down.. and another down at the end of his boat dock, so he could pick up a signal when they were out in the bond or hanging around the yard
Old 08-03-07, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I may invetsigate this as well since my router placement has been rearranged and my signal is less than optimal in some parts of the house now. Seems to work pretty well from what I gather, though they're fairly expensive and network speed seems to be a little slow.