Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

AC3AUS adapter?

Old 11-20-06, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

AC3AUS adapter?

This is not specifically computer related, but I hope it is alright to post this query. I am working on a TV show right now which is shooting overseas and need to find a place in Los Angeles that carries female AC 3prong to Australian male power adapters. This could be used on our laptops (I am not 100% sure what is being plugged in), but I have to find these tommorrow and if anyone has an idea, it would be appreciated. Thanks a million.

Jeremy
Old 11-21-06, 10:07 AM

Look for the Kensington Travel Plug Adapter at office supply stores. My local Office Max carries them. I used one for my laptop during my trip to Australia earlier this year, and it did the trick.

Note that the Kensington adapter is only a physical adapter: your equipment must be able to handle Australia's 240V, 50Hz power. Most laptop power adapters are OK at pretty much any voltage, but you should check first. If your equipment expects strictly 110V, 60 Hz power, then you'll need a voltage converter, which is harder to find.