Reload this Page >

School me on authoring DVD

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-18-06, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have this public domain movie I downloaded (Made for Each Other) starring Jimmy Stewart & Carole Lombard on MPEG2 and I want to burn it to a DVD.

Usually I just burn the file into a blank DVD and then access it with a DVD-ROM. But since the file almost fit one disc and when I had such an unfortunate case with my PC dying out recently I made refuge to a set top player and a TV, I want this movie to be burned on DVD Video format. Problem is, I'm an idiot on DVD authoring and it seems that regular click and drag thing like I usually did to create a Video CD didn't work with Nero because the file size is too big.

So anyway, what should I use to author the DVD, and what should I know about burning a DVD Video? I'd like the program to be easy to use, and preferrably free (I'm broke). I know the freeware software is hard to find, so I would also appreciate cheaper software. Thanks.

ps. I know asking this kind of question can be a no no here sometimes, but this is a public domain film and therefore I am not practising piracy of any kind. But should the mod think this is inappropriate, oh well.
Old 09-18-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Your DVD burner should have come with some free software. Check your original system discs. Otherwise you can get download a simple, free DVD authoring tool such as www.videodvdmaker.com (click on the FREE version).
Old 09-18-06, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

awsome I'll check it out.