Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

I have a question which i know someone will answer easily.

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 05-16-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what i have done, and i am kicking myself at something so easy...but i still am having problems. Whenever i open Windows Explorer and look at a folder, it shows the items within the folder in descending order rather than ascending order. Now i click on the right mouse button and click to view the items by name and it auto arranges them. But if i come back to the folder again later, it has changed the items back. Its doing it this way with everything i look at...whether through Windows explorer or files on CD-Roms or DVDs.

Can someone tell me which Options i should be looking at to set the preference for this.

Cheers
Old 05-16-06, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get it the way you want it, then TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS > VIEW > and then APPLY TO ALL FOLDERS if you want them all to appear that way.
Old 05-19-06, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same as above, but also check "Remember each folder's view settings". Good luck!