Reload this Page >

My Epson R800 having trouble feeding paper

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 05-07-06, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had an Epson Stylus Photo R800 printer for a little over a year now. It's been a fantastic printer until recently. All of a sudden it developed a problem properly feeding paper. Most of the time it feeds the sheet straight through without printing, sometimes it fails to grab ahold of the paper altogether, and other times it works correctly. I've tried changing the paper, making sure it's not bent, making the pile large, making it small, hand feeding it, slanting it at angles...everything. The problem persists no matter what kind of paper I use, including thick photo paper. I don't hear anything that would indicate a mechanical problem, and the paper feed seems to work okay to shoot out the blank sheets, so I don't know what the deal is. Anybody have a similar problem that can give me some kind of idea what's wrong? Or know how I can contact Epson for tech support? Obviously, it's no longer covered by warranty, so what are my options?