Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Change car stereo faceplate for Mp3 device hookup?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 05-07-06, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have a JVC MP3 CD car stereo with a detachable faceplate. I'm going to assume if I wanted an option for plugging in an external MP3 device that I'd have to buy a totally new car stereo. But is it possible to just find a similar JVC model faceplate that has the input and not have to purchase the whole stereo?
Old 05-08-06, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If it has CD changer controls you may be able to buy an adapter that plugs into the back of your unit.
Old 05-08-06, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by atlantamoi
I have a JVC MP3 CD car stereo with a detachable faceplate. I'm going to assume if I wanted an option for plugging in an external MP3 device that I'd have to buy a totally new car stereo. But is it possible to just find a similar JVC model faceplate that has the input and not have to purchase the whole stereo?

How would changing the faceplate work? You would have the MP3 hookup on the front but not the hardware to use it in the radio. Come'on now.

You will have to look up your JVC on the internet and see if your mp3 device can use the cd changer hook up if your JVC has them. What kind of mp3 player is it?