Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Good way to add album art to multiple files in iTunes?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 04-13-06, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how to do one at a time, but there's got to be a way to select numerous files (say, the same album) and add album art at the same time.

I'm trying to avoid third-party software and/or add-ins.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-06, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

just highlight all the files, drag the image to the empty album art space, and answer yes to the pop which asks if you want to modify all the files.
Old 04-13-06, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe this is where I need help...when I have my "Library" highlighted, I don't see the empty album art space until I actually double-click on a song to play it.

Even then, I tried to drag/drop, but the art only applied to the one song that was playing...
Old 04-13-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Highlight all, right click, hit get info, and then you can add artwork to all of them
Old 04-13-06, 11:40 PM

Maybe this is where I need help...when I have my "Library" highlighted, I don't see the empty album art space until I actually double-click on a song to play it.
I've always been able to highlight the album title, then drag and drop the art to add the art to all the files. You have to do this from the the iTunes "browser." Either go to Edit>Show Browser or Control+B (Windows version, I assume it's similar on a Mac). Click on the album title in the far right pane, and you should see the empty album artwork in the lower left. Drag and drop (or copy/paste) the artwork, and it will be added to all files for that album.
Old 04-14-06, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In the bottom left corner of iTunes, there should be four buttons. Hover your mouse over them to see what they do, but the fourth one shoule be "Show or hide song artwork and video viewer. Click that and you should get a small empty window in the bottom left corner of iTunes, directly above those four buttons, at the bottom of your source list.

To highlight several songs that are together, click the first one, hold down the shift key and click the last song. Now just drag the album art to the artwork window.

Old 04-14-06, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

there is also a yahoo widget that will add artwork downloaded from amazon automatically while itunes is playing.