Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

NewEgg.com rebates

Old 12-16-05, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

NewEgg.com rebates

What kind of luck have you guys had with NewEgg rebates? I ordered a monitor on 11/28 and received it on 12/01. I mailed my rebate on 12/02 and now it's 12/16 and it does not show up when I search for it on their rebate status page. I emailed them asking about it on 12/13 and have not heard back from them. I also tried to call all day today and their phone number is always busy. This is $80 we're talking about and the rebate is due 14 days from date of purchase. They should have it by now.

Any advice on NewEgg rebates? I've seen some reviews on their items where people have flat out said they haven't seen a rebate and it had been 6 months!! If this is their practice, I'll take my business elsewhere. To hell with their deals if they are going to try and screw customers. I hope that's not the case.
Old 12-16-05, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i've had good luck.
Old 12-16-05, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've only done one rebate with them, for RiData DVD-Rs, and I'm not sure if it was processed thru Newegg or RiData, but it came thru in a timely fashion. It was about a year ago, they seem to be doing a lot more rebates then they use to.
Old 12-17-05, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BigPete
i've had good luck.
Thanks for your input. I'm just wondering how long it's going to take to show up as received online.