Reload this Page >

Looking for a DVD authoring program

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 07-21-05, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is a good (sophisticated, but not overly complex) program for authoring DVD video, but that is not too expensive (i.e. around $100)?

I have an NEC 3540 DVD burner (using a modified firmware to use bitsetting and set book type to DVD-ROM), and Fuji 8x DVD+R media. I'm using Windows XP.

I'd like to create DVDs with custom menus, and maybe with other options.

I tried to create a DVD with some AVIs using an AVI to DVD converter, but my Pioneer standalone player only sees 3 of the 7 titles. I have to go to the DVD player's browser and manually choose titles 4-7. Also the DVD just automatically starts. I'd like to have a menu on the DVD where I can choose the titles.

Any recommendations would be apprecitated especially if you have experience with a particular program. Thanks.
Old 07-21-05, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nero suite is really good.
Old 07-21-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been really happy with Ulead MovieFactory. It's extremely easy to use and you can make pretty decent menus using templates that you can customize (you can have full motion video from your project, as well as import photo and graphics).

Ulead has a more sophisticated program, the name of which escapes me right now. But both are available for a free 30-day trial, so you can see if they meet your needs.
Old 07-22-05, 12:49 AM
Suspended

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html

Everything you need is at the above link. Don't bother with anything else.