Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Cell Phone help! :)

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 07-21-05, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so my family and i are looking at getting a new phone plan.

im looking at the actual phones myself.

i think we might switch to verizon and these are the phones im looking at:

Samsung SCH-n330
LG VX6100
LG VX7000 (Black)

thats about it. anyone wanna give me some help?

im in the chicago area, and ive heard that verizon has the best coverage/signal around here & in the city.
Old 07-22-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You'd be better off asking the people over at howardforums. They're strictly a cell phone forum... lots of information to look through if you search their archives.

-k
###
Old 07-23-05, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When I had Verizon, I had the LG VX6000 for 2 years and it was a great phone. Great reception. I would go with an LG.
Old 07-23-05, 03:28 PM
Retired

I love my verizon service, been with them for 2+ years. Just got the LG VX8000 a couple months ago and love it.

I'd steer clear of the samsung. I had an older samsung before, and while it was an ok phone, it didn't pick up signal nearly as strong as the new LG does. I got tons of dropped calls on it in my apt where the reception isn't great. I'm talking not being able to talk for more than 15 minutes there without it dropping. I didn't think a new phone would help, but with the LG I've only gotten 3 dropped calss in my apt in 3 months or so.

Out of the phones you listed, I'd go with the 7000. I almost got it, but the lack of a speaker phone made me shell out $50 for the 8000 when I could have gotten the 7000 for free as I prefer to use that when driving instead of the hands free crap.