Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Audio/Video cable question

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Audio/Video cable question

Old 03-04-05, 07:16 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,865
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio/Video cable static electricity question

Ok, I just got in some "premium grade" cables from cablewholesale.com and I'm a little nervous about using them now.

One cable is a 3.5mm to stereo rca cable, the other is a s-video to rca cable. I'm using them to connect my laptop to my receiver.

What made me nervous was when I connected the s-video cable to my receiver, I could see a little blue spark (static electricity?) when I was about to make the connection. Can this damage the receiver/laptop in any way?

I think I saw the electrical spark b/c for some reason I get a lot of static electricity in my house. Almost every time i flick a light switch upstairs I get a little shock.



Also, how can i know if they are magnetically shielded properly?

Last edited by Zodo; 03-04-05 at 07:32 PM.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.