Reload this Page >

how to keep 2 computers + palm in sync?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 02-04-04, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I have a small home network set up (802.11g) with a laptop and a desktop sharing a broadband connection via a Linksys router. I have Outlook XP installed on both systems. What I am looking for is a way to keep both inboxes synced up. For example, if I delete an email on one computer, I would like to be able to sync them, and then have it gone on the second. I use the laptop out of the house, so I can't share a .DAT file between the two. I was thinking that a solution might be found if I can set up Palm to sync my email with my Desktop Outlook inbox, and then sync the laptop with the Palm over the network (is this possible?) Thank you so much for any ideas!
Old 02-04-04, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yahoo has a program that allows you to sync two computers Outlook's.

My ex wife used it to keep her home laptop and her work computer linked. It also downloaded to her palm from one of the computers.

You have to have a Yahoo email address and calendar. You can keep everything secret from everyone if you want or if you choose you can pick specific Yahoo ID's to be able to see the Calendar. Basically you have one computer. You sync it to your Yahoo calendar...then when you get to your other computer you resync it with the Yahoo Calendar. Make sense?

Yahoo Intellisync. Get an email address, sign in and click on the Calendar...then look for a sync link.

Hope that helps. I'm considering using it myself....as my work place won't let me hook my work computer up to my Palm.
Old 02-05-04, 01:39 AM
Video Gamer Reviewers

or if you want to do it the complicated way, get a dedicated Windows 2003.net Server and run Exchange 2003... setup an IMAP account... blah blah, you don't want to do it this way...

but cheap and effective as FiveO said Yahoo's free syncing service works very well...

edit: perhaps not too helpful, but Blake is using it as well...
thread