Reload this Page >

IE window problem

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

IE window problem

Old 01-24-04, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IE window problem

so when i open up an IE window it opens up mot maximized. so when i try top maximize the window, it shoots down to the lower right part of the screen with about 75% of the window out of view. an top of that i can't drag and drop the window cause it thinks that the window is maximized. how can i center the IE window when i maximize it and how can i set it to open up maximized to begin with
Old 01-24-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hate to ask a seperat question in someones topic but... The only way I can post is in quick reply, I don't have a regular reply or add new topic button on my screen. I also don't have the folder icons on the side of my screen that show if there has been a new post or not. I am running XP. Sorry again for Hijacking your thread, I just can't start one of my own...

Shadow
Old 01-24-04, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

haha kinda true to your name shadow!
Old 01-24-04, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for not being mad about me asking a question in your thread I don't wanna be a dick, I just son't know how elsr to ask...
Old 01-24-04, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also I can't edit my threads so my spelling errors will have to stay

Shadow
Old 01-24-04, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
for shadowhawk's button and folder issue
my guess is that ads.kleinman.com is being blocked on your computer
can you see this pic?

for the IE issue, if you right click on the taskbar button for the window or on the title bar of the window does it allow you to try the move and size options?
if so select one of those then use the keyboard arrows to try adjusting it
Old 01-25-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cannot see that pic, what do I do to keep that from being blocked, thanks again for the help

Shadow
Old 01-25-04, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You need to check your firewall settings, your ad blocker settings, your antivirus settings, or something that is blocking ads on the internet.

What have you installed since you didn't have this problem? It's probably norton or some other ad blocker you installed.
Old 01-25-04, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
also check the hosts file in the windows folder and make sure there is not an entry there for ads.kleinman.com
that's where the above pic is hosted (it's the banner ad that was displaying at the time of the post), and for some reason the pics for all the buttons on the site are also on the ad server even though the pics for the coming soon and the reviews, which in my opinion are more ad related than the navigation buttons, are hosted on the dvdtalk server