Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD Movie Disc combined with DVD-ROM Data

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-15-04, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to create a mixed mode DVD that plays like a standard DVD on a set-top player but also contains DVD-ROM data (web pages, images, text files, etc.) that can be accessed with a PC.

Any guidance, suggestions, applications, etc. on how to do this would be appreciated.
Old 01-15-04, 11:51 PM

This should be pretty straightforward in any application that supports DVD-ROM writing.

I know that in Adobe Encore DVD, you can just point to a folder on your hard drive in the disc properties window, and the program takes care of the rest.
Old 01-16-04, 07:26 PM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

Or start a datamode disc and put your vobs into /VIDEO_TS and create an empty /AUDIO_TS and then put your data on. Its really that simple (usually)
Old 01-17-04, 06:18 PM

I tried a creating datamode disc using Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 Classic as described. The result plays with CyberLink PowerDVD 5, however, it does not play as a DVD with InterVideo WinDVD 5 or on my CyberHome set-top player. The set-top treats the disc as a datadisc and lets me access files such as jpegs but it does not show or play the vobs in the VIDEO_TS directory.