Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Who has used FindAnyMusic.com ? Any Good?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-04-04, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone used this site? It sounds too good to be true, - a one time $24.00 fee for ulimited downloads with no term? ???

http://www.findanymusic.com
Old 01-04-04, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know, but it might be something like this: NYTimes

...What Ms. Tennant and others found when they subscribed to Easy Download Music was not a song-selling service at all, but merely information on how to download file-sharing services like Kazaa, which provide access to the unrestricted swapping that Ms. Tennant was hoping to avoid.

Roderick Dorman, chief litigation counsel for Sharman Networks, which owns the Kazaa Media Desktop, said that Easy Download Music was issued a cease-and-desist letter.

Many of the services state in their terms of service that the subscription pays for recommendations and technical support for free, easily available software. Easy Music Download is not alone in this market: at least a dozen other sites, like mp3perfect.com, mp3entertainment .com, mp3downloadhq.com and my-free-music.com, also sell access and help with free file-sharing services. All these sites look similar, and some have even copied text from other sites. But they vary in the extent to which they inform customers about the service they provide: some are designed to look like legitimate subscription-music services while others clearly state upfront that subscribers are paying for information and assistance only.