Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Having problem installing Norton AV 2k3

Old 05-24-03, 12:15 AM

Having problem installing Norton AV 2k3

I'm trying to install Norton AV Prof. 2k3 on my computer at home, but the installation won't start because I have this Norton AV Corporate Edition I never knew about. So I uninstalled the Corporate Edition through "Add/Remove Programs" on Control Panel. However, even after uninstalling the Corporate Edition, the Norton AV Prof. edition won't install. It keeps saying "Please uninstall Norton AV Corporate Edition before you install Norton AV Prof."

So what can I do to completely uninstall Norton Corporate Edition?? I tried to find some answers on Symantec website, but I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. I'm running Windows XP btw. Thanks for all your help!
Old 05-24-03, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I assume you rebooted after uninstalling the corporate edition.

You might look to see if some files remain- the norton folder might contain a few files.

Otherwise you might have to go looking in the registry which is not for everyone.

You could also email norton or call them for tech support.

This is all I seem to get for help on their site

1. Uninstall NAV and run the Rnav2003.exe removal utility for NAV 2003 and all previous versions of NAV that have been installed. If NAV is installed as part of another program such as Norton SystemWorks (NSW) or Norton Internet Security (NIS), then uninstall that program.
2. Uninstall Symantec Subscription Service (LiveReg) and LiveUpdate.
3. Delete all Symantec files and folders and registry keys.
4. Delete all temporary files.
5. Clean boot the computer if you are running Windows 98/Me or XP. Close programs that are running in memory if you are running Windows 2000.
6. Log on as Administrator if you are running Windows 2000 or XP.
7. Reinstall NAV. If NAV was installed as part of another program, then reinstall that program.
8. Restore the clean boot settings, so that Windows starts in Normal mode, and then restart the computer.