Reload this Page >

Any recommendations for a good MP FPS?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 06-25-02, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been playing MOHAA, RTCW, and SOF2 lately and I am itching to try something new. I am looking for a fairly realistic and fairly modern game so no lasers. Yes I have played Halflife and I am bored of that. I am pretty much interested in multiplayer only, so any recommendations?
Old 06-25-02, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not sure what half those acronymns are, but have you tried the Day of Defeat mod for halflife?
Old 06-25-02, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh sorry, Medal of Honor Allied Assualt, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Old 06-25-02, 11:15 PM

Day of defeat halflife mod is definately the best multiplayer game out there. Excellent skins, well balanced gun/troop choices and excellent teamplay. The best map by far is caen2. Its a ww2 sim and it kicks the snot out of all the retail games.
Old 06-26-02, 12:58 PM

Return to Castle Wolfenstein
If I may ask, what servers have you been playing on? I tend to hang on the !STICKENSTEIN server, as well as the [420] ones (my handle is goatweed).

I've just started getting into SOF2 MP and I must say I am impressed. The jungle map is much fun, esp. at night

As for recs, I would say SOF2 since it just came out, but you already mentioned that. Have you managed to try the leaked UT 2003 beta yet?
Old 06-26-02, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't actually been on Castle Wolfenstein lately, I have kept pretty much on Sof2 especially because I happen to keep getting good pings with no real lag most of the time. Even nicer this is on the servers running 50 players. But I go by Innocent Bastard on every game if you happen to see me on.

I could never get into the UT series, I just don't get into lasers.

Would anyone recommend any of the Tom Clancy series? or any of the Tactical Ops or Delta Force games?