Reload this Page >

Whoa! Audiogalaxy question...

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 04-20-02, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran my audiogalaxy for the first time in a while. Anyways after I downloaded copies of the songs in which I had legally purchased the cds (ahem), I left the satellite running. Anyway I checked my zone alarm and I was sending almost a meg a second! (I'm on cable). I checked the actual audiogalaxy msg box and it said I was sending one song at 1.7 kbps. I closed audiogalaxy and guess what? My upload speed completely stopped. Is it possible that audiogalaxy is sending songs without my permission (by permission, I mean that the message box shows) Is there a way that maybe I am only showing the first song being downloaded or something? Anyone know the settings for that? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-02, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also notice this when i have AG running. My upload bandwidith catches fire and it goes nonstop for the duration of AG's use.

Not quite sure what it is, i laways assumed it was AG communicating with the network it's on
Old 04-22-02, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
As I understand it, Audiogalaxy is basically a sharing service. Whatever directory you set up to download mp3's to from audiogalaxy is a shared directory that audiogalaxy can access to send mp3's to other users. If you don't want it to send anything, just close the Audiogalaxy Satellite as soon as you're done downloading.